101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

62. July 30th, 2010 Picture.

My cousin Dave had flown home from California for a week or so for our cousin Timmy's wedding reception that was taking place on Saturday the 31st.  Dave is known as the crazy cousin (I mean, with my family how do we choose just one?  We can't really, we're all crazy) and always makes a point to get together with the rest of us for a few drinks each time he is home.  Few drinks, lots of drinks, semantics really.  Dave had texted me that afternoon asking what I was up to and unfortunately had to inform him that I was at work.  Why is work always hindering the rest of my life from being mindblowingly awesome?  I need to hit the lottery stat so I can just live my life, work and stress free.  Anyway, I made plans to meet up with him and his girlfriend Savannah as soon as I could, and I spent the rest of the afternoon watching the clock.

When it finally hit a socially acceptable time for me to leave work I hopped in my car and headed downtown.  Dave was there with his girlfriend and a couple of his 'home friends' and we got caught up over beers.  We didn't want to stay out too late, or have one too many beers that Friday, because we were all excited for Timmy's party the next night.  I'd only been talking about it for months and Dave flew home from California for it, so yea, we were excited.  Our cousin Richard stopped by quickly and legit pounded a beer, then was back on his bike to ride home to Melrose.  Unfortunately I missed taking a picture of him in his spandex gear, so the blackmail will have to wait for another occasion.


Technically this Friday was the very last day of Ratty's medication, but as you can see he hopped off the wagon a little early.  He wasn't on antibiotics, just lots of Ibuprofen, so worse case scenario he would sleep like a baby and wake up feeling great.  Sounds awful, huh?  I had told him earlier in the day that I was meeting up with Dave after work, and it was like pulling teeth to get him to agree to come out.  It was his last night on meds and he just wanted to relax and take it easy, says him.  Lame.  Fast forward to about 6pm and Ratty came bursting through the door and was all like, forget medication, I just really really want a beer right now.  Friday afternoons can do that to the best of us.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile, not sure why but it did! I think the combo of out of town family, drinking, Ratty sleeping like a baby, who knows!

    ReplyDelete