After attempting to clean up as best I could, we got ready and headed out to tackle the day. We had a list of things we wanted to do and see, and shopping was high up there. We walked around, popping into all the different stores, comparing prices on sweatshirts and souvenirs. I was content with walking around, but Ratty looked at me and said 'mudslide' and off we were to the Gazebo yet again. We got the exact same seats at the bar and ordered a round. We were there for a bit, discussing silly bands with the bartender and watching the Red Sox game. Apparently people like to give silly bands in lieu of tips, so the bartender had a bunch of them, which he subsequently showed and shared with us.
He told me I could keep one, so I mulled over which one to pick. Ratty immediately looked at me and was like 'you need the BRB, we'll take the BRB.' Cool, thanks. Whose silly band is this again?
During our shopping excursion pre-mudslides I had dragged Ratty pretty much everywhere looking for my favorite shop 'Belongings'. It had been right on the wharf, where all the galleries are, but we had walked up and down and could not find it. I had checked the website out before we left, so I knew it hadn't closed, but where could it be?! Turns out, it moved. I ended up calling and getting walking directions from across the street. I felt like borderline idiot, but oh well.
Woman on the phone: 'um you should be standing in front of our door right now.'
Me: 'What? Where? Oh wait, I see it. Hi'.
I love that store and have bought something from there each time I've been to Nantucket. This time around I bought a large silver starfish (I already have 2 smaller ones from the same place) and a silver spoon. Like, legit. A spoon. I was overcome in the store and literally could not put it down. I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I needed to own it. The way they had it displayed in the store was pretty cool, using a pewter or silver shell as a little sugar bowl and the spoon was resting in it. How cute is that?! I already have a pewter oyster shell and now I have a little spoon to match. Someday, when I have a house this will look adorable with my nautical themed decor. Since Ratty's camera takes such great pictures of random things, I added this one to the collection.
While sitting at the Gazebo (we were there for a while) Ratty recognized a few Bruins players. He started to get all starstruck when he realized that Brian Leetch, an apparent hall of famer was one chair over from us. When Brian, or Mr. Leetch, went to leave, Ratty hopped up and asked for a picture. I was ready.
After a few hours of hanging out at the Gazebo, we grabbed lunch at the adjacent restaurant, The Tavern. While sitting outside we ran into El Prez from Barstool Sports, which is a newspaper Ratty used to write for. Honestly was everyone on Nantucket that weekend?! We also found out that while we were sipping Cougaritas at Slip 14 the night before, Belichick was a few doors down at the Straight Wharf. Needless to say, Ratty was devastated. Inconsolable even. I kid I kid. But he was upset.
After lunch we walked around and made our way back to the B & B to relax, freshen up and get ready for our night out. What happened again?! We fell asleep! Apparently all the rich people fresh air is exhausting because I'd never napped so much in my life. Honest and true, I never even napped as a small child. Ask my mom. Or my brothers and sister. When I was supposed to be napping in my crib I'd secretly be peeling all the wall paper off the walls. For reals. It wasn't a super long nap, about an hour, but it was just enough to leave me feeling refreshed. Again I had to pull Ratty out of bed by his legs, but we finally got going and made it to the Chicken Box. Craziness ensued.
When we got to the Chicken Box, the place was pretty dead. They have a little patio off the side, so Ratty and I grabbed a seat and a few drinks. Of course, Ratty needed to buy shots. And this is how the night started.
The band was alright, but didn't play any covers. They just played original music all night. That's cool, but no really, can you play some Journey? We spent most of the night bouncing between the main room and outside since the place can hold over 300 it got hot inside quick. The band was called 'I Scream You Scream', which if you know your childhood slogans ends with 'we all scream for ice cream!' so that's exactly what the band did. They passed out ice cream. It was kind of awesome. I took a picture of the ice cream, but unfortunately it didn't survive 'My Hard Drive Crashed and I Almost Died But Then I Paid $150 and Recovered Some Pictures - gate of 2010.'
This is really the only decent shot I could get of my beloved bottle cap. As you can see they have it framed under glass and then subsequently bolted to the wall. Don't worry, I checked. That this isn't going anywhere. You can faintly make out the fact, 'Life is Good is the Signature Drink of the Chicken Box.' My search continues. I will not give up until I get this cap into my collection! Then what, do we have a party or something? I'll bring the champagne.
Here we are, inside listening to the band. It is about right now that we decided it was going to be our 'crazy night out'. Mainly because every time Ratty was in charge of grabbing a round at the bar, he bought 2 drinks and 2 shots.
What is this, round three? I look so happy. Had I known that we'd be slapped with a $200 bar tab and I wouldn't be able to get out of bed until 1pm the next day, I don't think I'd be so chipper. I paid $100 to feel absolutely horrible.
Every time I look at this picture I feel like it's a Latisse commercial. Look at my eyelashes. Is anyone else obsessed with those commercials? Like Brooke Shields going to a birthday party and salsa dancing? The Claire Danes one is less fascinating, but entertaining none the less. But like, seriously, I want this stuff. I looked into it but it's 100 bucks a month. If you stop using it your eyelashes go back to normal, so until I am able to spend $100 a month for the rest of my life for longer, thicker, darker lashes, I guess I'm just going to need to deal with my inadequate or not enough lashes.
He can be sweet sometimes. Either that or he is drunk. I'm going with the latter.
A woman saw me doing the long arm self-pic and offered to take one for us. Obviously we weren't ready.
Our make shift table. Round 4? Or was it 5? I have no idea, but it was Round probably time to close out my tab and go straight home, do not pass GO do not collect $200.
And scene.






















Love this post! And the headband you are sporting in it!
ReplyDeleteYou guys must spend what amounts to the GNP of a small nation on booze.
ReplyDelete