I wasn't feeling so hot, and was on antibiotics, so I was a wet blanket by not drinking. I was so jealous of the martinis and wine they were ordering, but stuck to my glass of water, tightly. We got seated at Monica's after a few minutes, during which time Ratty's mom and I talked about becoming light-headed from hunger and all Ratty could do was roll his eyes. The moment we were seating I asked for bread and ate the equivalent of an entire loaf before ordering my dinner.
We got 2 appetizers, beef carpaccio with capers and horseradish aoili and fontina and mozzarella wrapped in proscuitto. Both of these appetizers were amazing and I had to keep myself in check from not scarfing down the entire thing without sharing. When the hunger was finally subsiding, I was in a much better place. I get cranky when I'm hungry and that's no fun for anyone. Ratty's mom ordered lobster ravioli, Ratty ordered spinach and ricotta ravioli and I got a pasta dish with peas, spinach and pancetta. All three were fantastic but mine especially. It was seriously one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had. After a taste Ratty agreed and said we needed to come back so he could order it. For your viewing pleasure, I took a before and after picture:
It was so good I am still dreaming about it. It also made me full, which is a huge fete in itself. I am always hungry. Ratty and his mom may have over indulged a bit because we took a walk around North End to get some air and walk off our full stomachs before stopping at Cafe Pompeii for coffee and dessert. Hi! There is always room for dessert. By the time we sat down I was ready for my next course and ordered a decaf latte and a Napoleon. Ratty got a canoli while Michelle had chocolate cake. We were seated right but the window so we could enjoy the breeze and watch all the people go to and from bars. Seriously, there were some aggressive outfits out there ladies. It was a Friday night! No need to dress like you're hitting up fleet week. We finished our desserts and took another stroll around the neighborhood before walking Michelle back to her car. It was such a nice night, aside from my palpable hunger, and I look forward to doing it again soon! Hi Michelle!








You've come a long way baby!
ReplyDeleteGone are the days of white spaghetti with butter ~ and ~ pizza minus the tomato sauce and cheese! haha
Sounds like a wonderful evening of great company and good food!
Amy,I had such a great night! What more can I ask for? Cocktails, gorging yourself on great food and spending a beautiful nite with both of you! And the aggressive outfits,that's a perfect word! Made me laugh! I always have a ball coming into the city from "up country"!
ReplyDelete