I met up with her and her family, her husband, brother and cousins, at Sissy K's where we lasted 2 drinks before we couldn't handle the ridiculous dancing that was happening on the second floor and the awful karaoke on the first. We headed over to The Black Rose, which is an awesome Irish bar with live music. I love this place, mainly because of it's affinity for 'Galway Girl' and 'Black Velvet Band'. We were all hanging out upstairs for a bit, Ratty ended up meeting us out after his gym stint, and we moved downstairs when the band started up. Right by our table I noticed that there was a plaque on the wall listing the Top 10 Irish Bars in the country. I was so pumped when I saw that The Black Rose was in the top 5, but almost freaked when Ratty pointed out number 9, Nine Fine Irishmen. This bar is in the NY NY hotel Vegas, and I spent about 14 hours collectively there during my weekend trip in March. They had an awesome band PLUS an irish step dancer who just rocked the place. Since my photograph of the actual list is gone forever into cyber limbo, I am going to throw in a few pictures of my visit to Nine Fine Irishman from March. Enjoy!
{We loved that there was a quote from a Boston newspaper painted on a bar in Vegas.}
{Erin and I enjoying some Smithwicks.}
{The band that was so awesome with a band leader that we THOUGHT was adorable. Too many Smithwicks I guess!}
{Our second night at Nine Fine Irishmen with the lead singer. Yea, not as cute as any of us remember. I am assuming it had to be the accent. I'll just close my eyes and pretend he looks like Colin Farrell.}












Great job Amy!
ReplyDeleteAfter stressing over the loss of some of your pictures, You certainly managed to make it all work. Amazing! You go girl!
Good eye Ratty!
haha I am a pretty consistent commenter!! Along with Steph!
ReplyDelete