Happy Royal Wedding Day! You know, a totally casual 5 months late. Really? It's already been 5 months? It feels like only yesterday. Le sigh, it was really great.
I was BEYOND excited about the Royal Wedding, was anyone else out there pumped about it? I set my DVR the night before, just in case I overslept, but that totally wasn't going to happen. OH YES, I woke up at 5am to watch all the coverage and the actual ceremony, LIVE. I even slept in my London pajamas in honor of the occasion. Wait, doesn't EVERYONE own London pajamas?
I got up, turned on the TV and settled in for an early morning of awesome British goodness. I got up during a commercial to make my coffee and then again a little while later to wake up Jamie - I mean, come on girl you can't miss this! I actually really wish I had taken the day off, I would have hosted a party and had mimosas and tea cakes. I am absolutely positive that had I planned better in advance, all of my friends would have come. We joked once we got to work that we obviously really dropped the ball, because we all wished we'd hosted a party. Next time, maybe. For Harry. Whenever that happens!
Once it started to get closer to the time of the actual ceremony I started to get nervous. Like really, irrationally nervous. I couldn't help but think what Kate Middleton was feeling at that moment, I mean HI! You have 1 BILLION people watching your wedding on TV, dying to see what your dress looks like. I mean, talk about pressure! I would have been shaking like a leaf and probably crying hysterically, but happy tears obviously. I mean, let's be real, everyone dreams of becoming a princess one day but this is REAL LIFE. Okay, maybe I need to cool it on the caps lock, but it's not every day that the most handsomest Price William gets married. And I really like Kate Middleton, I am fascinated with her hair, it's just always so shiny!
This is about the time that Jamie and I started irrationally crying for no reason whatsoever. Maybe we were overtired, maybe we moved by the deep love the now Duke and Duchess share, maybe we were slightly jealous it wasn't us, but for whatever reason, there we were, laying my bed at 6am, crying while watching someone's wedding on TV. People we don't actually know in person, mind you. Whatever, if sobbing into your latte is wrong, I don't want to be right. If you weren't crying during this maybe there is something wrong with YOU. Yes, I like that mentality much better.
It's quite apparent that 6am is not our most photogenic time of the day.








I can't believe this is 5 months ago haha! I literally feel like you don't actually live with Ratty in real life because in the blog life you haven't gotten there yet haha!
ReplyDeleteNope still beautiful at 6am!! Love the post!
Haha I feel the same way about moving in with Ratty, I'm like, can I talk about it? It's not real in blog world yet!
ReplyDeleteYou're really too kind with the beautiful, but I'll take it - THANKS!