101 in 1001 Challenge

Sunday, October 30, 2011

62. May 22nd, 2011 Picture.

I channeled my best Mommy Dearest impression while helping Ratty clean out his closet.


NO WIRE HANGERS!


Ratty's closet needed a good ol' purge and I was the perfect person to help him.  One of the first points of order was to get rid of all the horrible, disgusting, vomit inducing wire hangers that were holding up all of his clothes.  HIS GOOD CLOTHES.  Nice work shirts were hung haphazardly on icky hangers, not buttoned, off center, with the corner of the hanger poking out of the chest.  Deep breaths everyone, I've set Ratty straight, no need to worry.  But you're right, IT'S APPALLING the way that he treated his clothes!  Try not to break out in hives like I did.

I just couldn't explain it enough. 

Me: Ratty, don't hang your $600 suit on a hanger you got from the dry cleaners.  FOR FREE.

Him: Why?

Me: Ugh.  JUST THROW THEM AWAY!  OKAY?!  THEY'RE HORRIBLE!

How is that not easy to understand?

We went through his entire closet, throwing away clothes he didn't want, and filling an entire garbage bag full of those items that can no longer be named.  I showed him how to correctly hang a pair of pants...

Me: You line up the seams...

Him: The what?

Me: The seams.

Him: Why?

Me: Ugh.

And then I showed him how to properly hang a dress shirt and explained that he needed to button the top button so it wouldn't slide off the hanger.  His entire closet was finally organized and pretty, and there were no things that could physically harm your or gouge your eye out.  Mission accomplished!

1 comment: