I mean, they do look pretty awesome if you ask me, totally unbiased of course!
Thursday, October 13, 2011
62. May 5th, 2011 Picture.
Twice a year, my department goes off-site to do an all day training. Sometimes we go to another BCBSMA building, or a training facility, but this time we were having it at my bosses house. I was given a task of making giant puzzle pieces that would be used in a group project. There needed to be 9 pieces, 3 rows of 3, which each row a different color. I spent all morning mapping my pieces and creating a mock drawing of what the puzzle should look like. What made it more challenging is that it wasn't just random puzzle pieces, but they all needed to fit into one another, like a real puzzle! I drew my diagram, which served as the muse for my creation. My plan was to just draw the exact shapes on the poster board as I'd drawn them on the piece of paper. I then decided to draw the shapes on the back side of the piece, so that the black marker, and any mistakes I made, wouldn't show. This caused utter chaos, some of my pieces were backwards, some didn't fit in correctly, and I even had to redo a few, which was so annoying. Who knew that a project as 'simple' as this would take me THREE hours! Time well spent I guess! They weren't joking when they said every day would be different than the last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Love all the recent posts! The puzzle is bomb and the closet sounds like no fun! I LOVE red velvet cake soooo yummy!
ReplyDelete