101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

62. May 7th, 2011 Picture.

For Mother's Day I decided to organize a family dinner with my mom, Ronny, Sybil, Christine, Eddie plus Ratty and his mom [since it was Saturday night, my sister Kate had to work].  Typically my mom hosts family dinners at her house, but since it was MOTHER'S Day after all, I wanted to have us all go out and not burden my mom with any cooking or cleaning.  Initially I was thinking of having us all go to Eastern Standard or Gaslight [a restaurant that is RIGHT next to our 'new' apartment and has free parking], but both were already booked up with reservations, looks like I waited too long to get in there!  I eventually decided on Foundry on Elm, which is a relatively new place in Davis Square.  I'd been only once before, for drinks with my friend Maura, but I was really looking forward to going back.  I made a successful reservation and alerted everyone to our plans.


Even though the whole point of going out to dinner was so my mom wouldn't have to cook, she still decided to host a 'pre-party' at her house, with champagne and shrimp cocktail.  We all met at her house about an hour or so before our reservations, and enjoyed the little spread my mom put out.  This was the first time Ratty's mom Michelle had been to my mom's house, and also the first time she was meeting Eddie and Christine, so really the shrimp cocktail and champagne was just icing on the cake.



I wish I got a group picture of all of us, but the opportunity never really presented itself.  I know I said I'd work on getting REAL people into my photos, and not just take pictures of inanimate objects, and I promise I'm trying!  You know what we all look like anyway.

Dinner was really great, we had a nice long table in the middle of the dining room, and we ordered a few rounds of appetizers, followed by steak frites.  Pretty much everyone at the table ordered it, I think the only exception was Eddie, who only eats fish.  Even though my meal arrived slightly cold it was still delicious and I absolutely inhaled it.  So did everyone else, we're all successful members of the Clean Plate Club.

We had a great time sipping martinis and chatting the night away.  Everyone was really excited to spend some time with Ratty and his mom, so it was really nice they were able to come out to dinner with us.  What a nice way to celebrate Mother's Day!

1 comment: