May 12th was Thursday and after work I had plans to go to an accessory's swap with my roommate Jamie. The swap was at a nearby shop in South Boston, and the idea was that you'd bring various accessories that you didn't want anymore. All the items were laid out and we drew numbers out of a hat. We each got a turn and picked 2 'new to us' items and then we'd restart at the beginning. There were a few nice things that people brought, but most got scooped up right at the start - I guess picking lucky number 7 wasn't so lucky this time around! I did walk away with a few cute necklaces and things like that, and I offloaded a few things that I definitely didn't need anymore.
I've been to a few of these, including one that Jamie hosted at her old apartment, but I've come to notice that everyone brings things they don't like anymore, whether they are out of style or just kind of beat up. I mean, I definitely brought a few things that I just straight up don't like, but could also part with, I struggle with giving things away, hi, we've talked about my hoarding. I love the concept of these, but sometimes they aren't all that great in execution.
There was however free wine and snacks, which obviously was awesome!








Sounds like a cool concept, but like you said I have trouble parting ways with my nice stuff!!
ReplyDelete