101 in 1001 Challenge

Saturday, October 29, 2011

62. May 20th, 2011 Picture.

For my christening a few short years ago ::cough 28 years ago cough:: I received a number of savings bonds as gifts - when the government actually cared about its future.  I KID.  My mom kept those tucked away in safe keeping, until recently when she told me to cash them in.  I brought about 20 of them to my local bank and sat patiently while they calculated, recorded and processed all of them.  Before they took them all from me [seriously I had anxiety parting with them, I was all like 'but they're miiiiine!], I was able to snap of photo of one which said my name was Amy Catherine Deveau.



My middle name is Charlotte, a family name, which also belonged to my great aunt and my mother's only sister.  Initially, my mom and dad had planned to name me Amy Catherine, but at the last moment they had a change of heart and decided on Amy Charlotte instead.  No offense to the Catherine's of the world, but I like Charlotte better.

It was actually SO last minute that when the priest asked 'and what do you name your daughter?' and my mom replied Amy Charlotte, he literally said 'I thought it was Amy Catherine?!'  So there is an adorable Deveau story for you, I'm glad I was able to snap a picture before having to hand it over!  I am sure the lady at the bank thought I was crazy, but these are MEMORIES!  We have to savor them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I loved cashing those babies in!! Emma and Izzie will too.

    I love the name Catherine (there are several in my family), but Amy Charlotte is SOOOOO much better for you!

    ReplyDelete