I have loved him since I was a toddler and watched the 'Sound of Music' 8 times a day. No, honestly, when I was 2 I knew how to rewind and play a movie and I watched the SOM over and over again every.single.day. I would walk into my kitchen with my blankie on my head and only answer people when they referred to me as Maria. I asked for pink parasols for my birthday every year, and re-enacted the scene where Gretel sings the last part of 'So Long, Farewell' while climbing up the stairs and Leisl comes and carries her to bed. I made my parents watch me do this up the front stairs of our house then my dad would come over, pick me up, and carry me inside. Really, every time we came home. Coming home from the grocery store? Put those bags down and pick me up! Middle of the night and I fell asleep in the car? You better wake me up and let me act this out, please and thank you. I know the entire thing by heart and insist on reciting every line each time I watch it, I don't care where I am or who I'm with. I love it all, especially in the gazebo when they FINALLY kiss after they've already fallen in love. How romantic is that?! They didn't even kiss and they knew that they loved each other. I mean, hi it's Christopher Plummer, he could read a phone book and I'd fall in love with him.
Okay, so this post isn't about the 'Sound Of Music', it is about Christopher Plummer, or Mr. Plummer as I like to call him. He has been in 151 movies. 151! That is a lot, but completely understandable since he has been acting since the 1960s. I plan on sitting down and watching every single one. Even the ones I've already seen and don't care to ever see again, like 'Syriana' or 'The Lake House'. I will also suck it up and watch the uber sad ones, like 'Up!' or the scary ones like 'Cold Creek Manor'. I HATE scary movies, but I will watch it, during the day, will every light in the house on, and then not sleep for a week just because he is in it.
Ratty has a Netflix account and has so graciously offered to help me out, since I don't have an account, heck I don't even have a DVD player. The first one on the list was 'Our Fathers'. It was a Showtime movie, so we were pleasantly surprised to find it on Netflix. It seemed like a good first choice since it was based in Boston and we were familiar with the plot. It covers the lawsuit against Bernard Cardinal Law during the Catholic Church scandal in 2000 and the subsequent backlash. If you weren't planning on seeing this movie, let's keep it that way. There was just too much going on, and nothing ever was explained fully. I know there were lots of twists and turns, sub plots and people, but whoever wrote this wanted to tell everyones story. I can appreciate that, but there was too much to cover in 2 hours. If I wasn't familiar with all the names and knew the outcomes of most situations, I would have been completely lost. Obviously, Mr. Plummer was the one glimmer of spectacular-ness in this film, hence why he was nominated for both an Emmy AND a Screen Actors Guild Award.
I was joking before the movie started like, 'This movie is going to be awful until Christopher Plummer comes on the screen'. Little did I know that was exactly what happened. Within 3o seconds of it starting, Ratty looked over at me and rolled his eyes. We spent the majority of the film laughing because everyone was named Marge, and the Boston accents were absolutely butchered. Some of the real people played themselves in the movie, like detectives or journalists. You could pick them out right away because their accents sounded real, not forced and nothing like nails on a chalk board.
{I really took this screen shot of the TV. Ratty likes to watch movies with all the lights off, so it was pretty easy to capture this fab shot.}
{I may have started giggling and threw in a high kick for good measure while snapping this.}
One down, only 150 more to go!








150 movies...that is definitely going to take some time!!
ReplyDeletePS this is the weirdest 80 year old man crush EVER, haha sorry I had to google him!