101 in 1001 Challenge

Saturday, May 8, 2010

62. May 3rd, 2010 Picture.

So I am long overdue for my daily photos.  I have been taking them religiously, I just haven't had a free second to blog about them.  It has been another hectic week, which is why I am at home on a Friday night.  I needed it.  I was doing laundry but ended up seeing a huge bug in my basement and ended up leaving my jeans in the dryer.  I called my roommate down to the basement door and told her about the bug and she went running down there and started stomping around trying to get it to come out of hiding.  I starting whining like a little girl and rolled my sweatpants up so that there was no chance of the bug latching on to me.  She asked if it was a centipede to which I IMMEDIATELY freaked out and started jumping around screaming that I was getting all itchy.  I am terrified of centipedes and absolutely lose my mind when I see one.  It all stems back to my teenage years when my mom's house got flooded and centipedes started popping up around the bathroom.  Do you know what it's like to wash your face and look down and TWO are crawling out of the drain?!  Or brush your teeth and go to wipe your mouth on a towel and see one looking back at you from the hook?  Ya, you'd be terrified and emotionally scarred too.  So about the jeans, I'll get them tomorrow when it's light out and the basement is less creepy.  There is a door on the dryer, obvi, which means they are safe.

Tonight was rather productive on the blog front.  I actually already wrote 2 blogs, but they are for actual goals, number 20 and 32, which I've either completed or started.  Since I have 5 days worth of daily photos to post within the next day or so, I didn't want my 2 goal blog posts to get pushed to the next page, so I am going to wait to post them until I am all caught up.

So on Monday night a bunch of us headed to Fenway to accompany Jamie for her VERY FIRST Red Sox game!  It was a ton of fun, and I fell in love with a 15 month old baby named Travis who was seated behind us.  Ratty was actually concerned that I'd physically take him and they'd put out an Amber Alert on us.  My camera died right after I took my daily photo, so any game pictures ended up on Ratty's camera, which means....I don't have them.

I met Ratty at Jerry Remy's new bar on Boylston, where WBCN used to be.  We had a few beers and waited for Erin, Butchie, Cousin Dan and Amanda to meet us.  There was a TV set up right in front of us that just had tweets about Jerry Remy or the bar rotating across the screen.  I obviously follow Jerry Remy on twitter, so I send him a quick message saying I'm at his bar.  Ratty was convinced the tweet wouldn't show up but 15 minutes later, Amanda saw it and brought it to my attention.


The few minutes it took to get this picture were actually stressful.  My battery was honestly done, and my camera kept shutting off.  I couldn't time it right, and kept missing the tweet when it was highlighted.  I tried to take one with my phone, but that wasn't working either.  I desperately needed to get this picture taken so that I didn't screw up my daily photo goal.  Thankfully, the stars were aligned and my camera lasted JUST long enough to snap this photo.  

The game was a blast, the Sox won 17-8, my thighs were burning from standing up and cheering so many times.  Now I know what it's like to attend the Home Run Derby, there must have been 7 or 8!  I love going to games, so this definitely will not be the only one of the season.

2 comments:

  1. How could I forget T. Scott?! It might have been the best part of the night! Shhhh don't tell anyone I said that.

    ReplyDelete