101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, May 17, 2010

62. May 13th, 2010 Picture.

Whoops!  I got so excited about my Gilmore Girls photo that I posted it before this one.  This error only occurred in blog world, not in real life, because I DO have a photo for Thursday, May 13th.  Phew!  Thankfully because of the miracle of technology, I've fixed the post, so it's all in order now.

The Celtics were playing in Game 7 against the Cavs on Thursday, and obviously being the basketball fair weather fan like I am, it's totally fine, basketball is #4 in my professional sports rankings, #4 out of 4, naht the greatest odds.  Anyway, since it was an important game, I threw on my Celtic green and headed out to watch the game.  I headed over to J.A. Stats in the Financial District to meet Ratty and have a few while cheering on..those guys...with the ball...throwing it through that hoop thingy.  I walk through the door and I have these waiting for me.


Now I don't really love High Life.  When I think of it, I think of the dive bars in Southie that have it on tap, or Trinity where the drink special is a $2.00 High Life and I only go in there and drink them when I'm running low on money and Sissy's has cut off their $2.00 Bud Light drafts.  I know they call it the 'Champagne of Beers' but I really want to disagree with that.   Champagne is classy, delicious, bubbly, sweet and pure heaven.  Miller High Life is pretty much the exact opposite.  It is usually something that I'll only drink after I've had a few other, better beers, and don't care anymore.  Kind of like in college where a party would get 2 kegs, one Bud Light and one Natty Light.  Once the Bud Light one was empty, they'd tap the cheaper, more disgusting keg and no one would know the difference because they had already killed the first one.  

Ratty got a High Life kick when his college friends came for a visit, and they drank them every place they went.  Obviously he wanted to be just like his friends, so now High Lifes are his new favorite and I get to tag along.  For the record, right after this I ordered a Stella.

1 comment:

  1. haha I love how you just called Ratty out for being a follower!!!

    ReplyDelete