101 in 1001 Challenge

Saturday, May 8, 2010

62. May 5th, 2010 Picture.

On Wednesday night, I was on my way to a pilates class at my studio on Newbury Street when I was trapped between the most obnoxious school buses.  There were 3, all in a cluster together, with windows down and people yelling back and forth.  Upon further inspection, they were all college kids partying, most likely on their way to a senior week booze cruise, or something like that.  They were nuts, chanting and fist pumping all while pre-gaming and hopping from seat to seat.  I kinda hated it and kinda loved it.  It reminded me of all the crush parties I went to when I was in college, and the backs of school buses I rode in, in my party dresses with beers in hand.  It made me miss all the fabulous things that happened at Bridgewater, it was really too good to me.  Peppermint patty shots, the 7, quarters, lambdas, mid-line rule, White House Nation and Bogarts. Sighhhh I miss it sometimes.  I realize how crazy these kids were, and I am sure that at the miserly age of 26 I find them annoying; them chanting 'this drunken bus' while stopped at a red light was really getting on my nerves.  I don't think I want to go back to my late teens, early twenties, but sometimes I get a pang of nostalgia for all the great times.

1 comment:

  1. You just described my brother! I can and did just picture my brother leading the chants on these busses haha!

    We did have some GREAT times Amy!

    ReplyDelete