I am addicted to coffee. Prior to me needing to buy a new car last year, you could find me at Starbucks every morning, without fail. Now, because of budget concerns, I make my own coffee. Sometimes Starbucks just tastes better and I treat myself, but for the most part I grind, press and brew my own espresso. I have 2 types of travel cups, one for hot coffee and one for iced, it even came with a cute plastic straw that looks like a candy cane. What? I bought it around Christmas! I like to be festive all year round, k? I am a die hard espresso fan, nothing tastes or makes me feel as good as espresso. Regular coffee just doesn't cut it anymore. I don't know how much regular coffee I need to drink to get the same pick me up as my latte, but I've usually consumed too much hot coffee before I can stop myself and I get an icky feeling. I sound like an addict.
My mom has a Keurig and got 2 packs of Southern Pecan pods for her birthday from my sister Kate. Kate's a nurse and took care of the owner or founder of Keurig, so he hooked her up with like, a lifetime supply or something crazy like that. Hi, what about your only sister?! How about an heir to the fortune or a job as a coffee taster or something? Come on. Anyway, I really love the Southern Pecan coffee, so my mom gave me a box to take home. My roommate has a Keurig but I never used it because I had my own espresso maker. On Saturday morning I realized that I was low on milk and wouldn't have enough to make a latte. This could have ended really really badly, with like tears and wall punching but I had a back up plan, I had the Keurig pods. Here is a photo of my intense coffee concoction, 2 Southern Pecan pods, brewed with the 'little cup' button, plus a shot of espresso. It's my at home version of a red eye. It was delish, and I walked with a spring in my step all day. FYI the mug is pretty big, and I had it filled right to the rim. Hello Caffeine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Amy you DO sound like an addict haha! That is quite the amount of caffeine you need.
ReplyDelete