101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, May 3, 2010

62. May 1st, 2010 Picture.

I am not totally sure what I up with the universe right now, but the way life is going for me and my fellow Bostonians, you'd think we did something absolutely horrific.  I mean, I'm sure if you ask Ann Coulter, the recent turn of events up here probably has something to do with the fact that we are a 'crazy liberal' state full of left wing heathens.  38 cities and towns are currently on a water ban and my God you'd think it was the apocalypse.  Whoops, I mean the aquapocalypse.  The worst part about this whole watergate issue, is that NO ONE can brew coffee.  People have taken to Twitter to announce locations that are currently open and brewing.  I could care less about showering in pond water and brushing my teeth with smart water, but I draw the line at coffee.  I drove past 4 closed coffee shops this morning before heading to Sidewalk in Southie.  I don't know what they are up to over there, but they are serving and I am drinking, no questions asked.  I now know what it was like in the 70's when there was a gas shortage and people literally had to camp out in their cars to wait to fill up their tanks.  I'm ready to bring my little sleeping bag and sleep on Sidewalk's doorstep if it will guarantee me a large snickerdoodle iced with milk and sugar each morning for as long as this caff-tastrophie is happening.  People are driving all over Masschusetts and NH looking for coffee and I don't blame them.  Who knew that having conaminated water would have such a crippling effect on people's wellbeing.  I'm headed to the Red Sox game tonight and Fenway can't serve Fenway Franks because they can't boil them.  I mean, honest to God, what did we do to deserve this?!

To add insult to injury, my work computer decided to become infected with a virus, to the point where it is un-fixable.  Yes, that is the correct technical term, completely un-fixable.  I was hoping to blog about my fabulous weekend this morning, but I was kicked out of my office bright and early so my hard drive could be rebuilt or something like that.  I am finally back up and running and ready to put pen to paper, or fingers to keys, or thoughts to blog. 

Saturday was a crazy day, and being hungover didn't really help my sitch.  I had planned on getting up at 8:30am and running my car to the gas station for an inspection sticker, nothing like waiting until the absolute last minute I say!  I didn't intend on oversleeping, but like I said it my last post, I got sneaky drunk, and neededless to say, I didn't roll out of my bed until 10am.  I threw on some clothes and dropped my car off at the Shell at the end of my street.  1 hour they say, so I walk home and start getting ready for Cassie's First Communion.  OH YES, not only do I need to get an inspection sticker, I need to physically GET Cassie a present on my way to her First Communion ceremony, which is starting at 1:30pm in Weymouth.  My mom is probably having heart palpitations right now, considering she offered no less than 100 times to get Cassie a gift from me, and I very indepentantly rebuffed her offers.  Hi, I'm 26, I should be able to get my act together and get my little pumpkin a cool First Communion gift, no bibles here!  So, I get ready, google directions (no GPS for me!) and walk back over to the gas station.  Surprise surprise they haven't even LOOKED at my car, and the gentleman who took my keys exactly 1 hour ago is looking at me dumbfounded, he has no clue who I am or what I'm talking about.  This, my friends, is when I start to get nervous.  I was on a very tight schedule already, and this blip is not going to help matters.  They finally get to my car and I'm driving out of the parking lot about 20 minutes later. 

I speed down the highway and pull into the South Shore Plaza and make a bee-line for Things Remembered.  I have over an hour, and the church is 5 minutes away, I am going to make it!  I run over to the jewelry display and scan for the locket I'd picked out online.  What's that you say?  You don't have that locket?  What?  You've also never even seen or heard of it before?  Great.  Now what?  The line for engraving is over an hour long, which means that nothing I pick out can be personalized.  It's REALLY hot in Things Remembered and I'm starting to get dizzy and nauseous.  Maybe I should have eaten something.  I'm scanning the display cases taking slow, deep breaths trying to not pass out.  I finally decide on a necklace with 3 different pendants, an aquamarine stone, Cassie's birthstone AND favorite color, a little CZ C and a little square that says 'You're A Star'.  I'm alternating between tapping my foot and clutching the counter as the sales associate is searching for the charms.  Of course he can't find them.  I'm looking around for a place to sit down and there is no where in sight.  I'm fading fast as a 4 year old girl is pushing her brother in a stroller in circles around my ankles all while her mother screams at her not to break anything.  This is the worst shopping excursion ever.  I want to legit die, right here in the middle of the mall.  I can hear my mom in my head, always saying how I make so much more work for myself by waiting until the last minute, it's true, I know, but this is how I roll.  I get the gift after what seems like an eternity, run downstairs, buy a card, tissue paper, smart water and chips and fly to my car.  I honestly walk into the church at 1:29pm.  I'm kicking off my flip flops as I'm running across the parking lot of the church and hopping on one foot as I put my heels on as I walk through the door.  I collapse in a pew behind my mother, panting and sweating and say 'I made it'. 

My little Cassie looks downright adorable in her white dress and veil.  She does everything perfectly, and when the time came for her to come back to our pew after getting her first communion, a disgusted look is covering her face.  I look at her and say 'gross huh?' and she smiles and nods.  To mark the special occassion, her mom Christine bought her IBC root beer in brown bottles; Cassie spent all day walking around with a brown bottle telling everyone she was drinking beer.  God, I love her.


 The rest of the party was spent playing outside with my Cassie and Abigail.  We played with chalk in the drive way, played no less than 500 games of hide and seek, partaked in some monkey in the middle, and burned some energy with kickball.  The fun and games came to an end when I accidently kicked a line drive directly to Cassie's face, and we retreated inside to watch some Spongebob Squarepants.  Thank God kids are resillient, she had completely forgotten I almost mamed her, and I was back in her good graces once I painted her toe nails. 


{You'd think it was Abby's first communion.  She wore Christine's veil all day, and was really working the skinny arm and giving faaaace.}


{Work it girl!}


{Skinny arm!  With no prompting from me no less.}

{Cassie's turn!  Abigail kept yelling at Cass to put her hands on her hips.  Watch out for that one.}

{How presh is she?!}


{Cassie took command of my camera and told me to make a funny face.  Apparently, under pressure, 'peace' is funny.}

{Modeling can be so exhausting.}


{Cassie's artsy photo of the flowers.}

Now, I have a Saturday Part II, which consists of Jamie's birthday celebration, but I am rushing to get over to the Red Sox game (for Jamie's Birthday Celebration Part II), and I do NOT want to rush my witty writing.  What's that saying?  Always leave them wanting more?  K, I can do that!

1 comment:

  1. haha I love the modeling poses!! Procrastination is okay when you make it early to places (hello 1:29, your good!!)

    ReplyDelete