Since I'm going to be away this weekend, having an absolute BLAST, and Ratty is going to be in NYC visiting his friend Josh and seeing Pearl Jam, I went over to his apartment on Wednesday night after pilates to hang out and watch a movie. Not just ANY movie, but my first Christopher Plummer movie from my 101 list, Our Fathers. More on that later.
Ratty had told me that he had a little surprise for me, but was pretty vague when it came to clues, typical. He said it was something I could use almost daily and that I'd really like it. I had no idea what it was, a tooth brush? No, I use that more than once a day. I was at a loss, so I just went along with it and didn't try and guess, so unlike me. When I got to his apartment, after collapsing on the couch and panting, begging for water, he lives on the 5th floor of a 5 floor walk up, he started with the giftS. Yes, more than one! The first 'gift' wasn't really much of a gift, rather the 'Best Places to Live' annual issue of Boston magazine. I LOVE real estate and that is my favorite issue since it breaks down median home prices and the most coveted neighborhoods. He told me that he did not read the Globe that day so he could finish the magazine and subsequently give it to me, so romantic. Then he gave me a mix CD he made, which he had told me about beforehand, titled 'Pearl Jam songs Amy might actually like.' I haven't been the biggest fan of Pearl Jam, so he weeded through all their songs and put together a few that might sway me into becoming a fan. Tricky. I did this with country music and it totally worked, he's a not so closeted fan now, thankyouverymuch.
After these two gifts he told me to close my eyes and put out my hand. I open them and what do I see? A roll of quarters. Romance is not dead with him. No but honestly, I am always looking for quarters, I hoard them. I am always driving around the city and constantly need quarters for parking meters. Whenever I'm going to meet him I always text, do you have any quarters? Sometimes he does, but most times he doesn't. This was actually a pretty practical gift and I really could use them almost every day, until they run out that is. I was pretty excited about my gifts but he told me to close my eyes once again. There's MORE?! I hear some rustling and finally open my eyes to see a beautiful bouquet of lilies - MY FAVORITE! I had been dropping not so subtle hints that lilies were my favorite and that Ratty should get off his tulip kick (I don't like tulips but you can't just come out and say that to someone, after they send them to you, and you are staring at them as you're talking). I quickly snatched the flowers and hugged them going, I LOVE STARGAZER LILIES!! Ratty looks at me, shocked and goes, 'That's what their called! I asked the lady and she called them stargazer lilies! How'd you know that?!' Um, hi, they're my favorite, duh. He couldn't get over that I knew the real name, as if flowers are a super secret club and I'm not supposed to know about them. I snapped this little shot after carefully arranging my gifts.
We then watched 'Parenthood' which is the greatest show, so get on that bandwagon if you haven't already. Adam and Kristina are my favorites, for the record. Then, after dinner, we turned on Our Fathers. I plan on writing a separate post for this, but to give a heads up, it's a Showtime original film that tells the story of the Catholic Church Scandal with my love, Christopher Plummer playing that jerk Bernard Cardinal Law. Don't add this movie to your Netflix queue unless you have a love for Christopher Plummer like me because frankly, he is the only good part.
After bringing my flowers home, my room now smells like a funeral parlor but I don't mind. I am going to pack up the vase and all and bring them to the hotel this weekend. I hate when you get flowers and can't enjoy them, so since I'll be gone for 3 days, they need to come with me. Crazy? I don't care, I am going to enjoy the hell out of them. And I am sure that my wedding weekend roomies will love it too. Hi 2 girls and 2 gays? We need flowers, it's like written in the bi-laws or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Ratty is the best...Please pass it on that my favorite flowers are Gerbera Daisies! I hope you took a picture of the flowers in your wedding weekend room haha!
ReplyDelete