101 in 1001 Challenge

Friday, May 21, 2010

62. May 20th, 2010 Picture.

I am not really sure what is going on in this picture, I was REALLY confused when I took it because it was 9am and I hadn't had coffee yet, so it hurt my brain.  The Starbucks I go to is inside a hotel, so there are always a bunch of people from conferences or just guests milling around and clogging up the line.  I was waiting to pull a u-turn so I could park in the illegal tow zone, when I saw this:



So, obviously they are setting up for an event, outside, on the street.  What kind of event is this?  It's 9am so it's not a breakfast, and it seems a little early to have all the linen on the tables for a luncheon.  Furthermore, who wants to have an event in the shade of super tall buildings, next to the ocean, while trapped in a wind tunnel?!  Nothing about this event seems like a good idea, like, nothing.  Not to mention there are parking meters lining the street, plus the hotel loading dock.  That's what I want when I get married, have my table set up right next to a dumpster.  It was just bizarre and the second I saw it I knew I had to document it because no explanation would do, I needed photographic proof of this idiotic event.  I couldn't grab my camera fast enough.  

Sorry about the rear view mirror.  I thought it was cool when I took it, but now that it's on the blog and I'm trying to read around it, it's giving me motion sickness.  I am the WORST with motion sickness, I am famous for getting it when standing on land.  If i see anything moving out of the corner of my eye, I literally get nauseous.  At Castle Island there is this walkway that goes out into the harbor, one giant circle that we call the sugar bowl.  There are one or two dam portions of the walkway, where water rushes from the harbor into the little bay.  Typically there are people fishing here, no clue why, it doesn't seem like a fish 'hot spot'.  When I'm walking the path, I physically need to close my eyes and hold on to the fence and guide myself across the dam because if I see the water rushing thought the corner of my eye, I'll get sick.  Seriously, it pretty ridiculous.  Anyway, sorry about the picture.  Maybe it won't make anyone but me sick, here's hoping.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha...Amy this is the silliest post yet!1 Now you have me intrigued though, I want to know what the event was

    ReplyDelete