Moving on, I desperately need to catch up on things and get my life back on track. I really need to do laundry and now that the water ban is lifted, I can get cracking. Whoops, I mean maybe this weekend I can get caught up, because tonight I am heading to hear Nathaniel Philbrick speak at the BPL, he wrote my second favorite book ever 'In the Heart of the Sea: Tragedy of the Whale Ship Essex.' He is the resident historian on Nantucket and is a phenomenal writer. I have my copy of the book in my bag, ready for him to sign it. I may or may not be giddy with excitement.
I snapped this picture on Sunday, wait, Sunday right? God, I don't even know what day today is, my life is chaotic. This is just a corner of my room, which I think should now be declared a FEMA National Disaster Area. You can see my Fiji water bottles lined up, ready to do some teeth brushing and ice cube making. In reality, 209 Athens really could be considered a disaster area. I'll just assume FEMA is putting my check in the mail.
On a much lighter, less stressful note, I have a bonus photo. On Sunday night, while I was trying to keep hydrated and standing after my skin had a run in with the surface of the sun, I stopped in the North End for some dinner and gelato with Rat a tat tat. We grabbed a couch at The Living Room, and order some apps. He had been drinking beers all afternoon, but I needed to hydrate so I stuck with canned ginger ale and bottled water. After bringing my core temprature down about 20 degrees, we walked around and grabbed gelato at a brand new place on Salem Street. We decided to head over to the Greenway to relax and enjoy our ice cream. FYI Nutella gelato is mind blowingly great. I know Nutella makes everything 1,000 times better in general, but in ice cream form, it's amazing. Once we hit the Greenway we saw a woman with a large pen of some sort on the grass. When we got closer, we saw that inside the pen there were.....PUPPIES! Who DOESN'T love puppies! I love love love them and was immediately reduced to a pile of mush. I was even talking in baby talk to them; aren't you just the cutest, teenie, weenie, wittlest things I've ever ever seen! I guess the woman is there pretty much every weekend, and is a professional breeder. She was picking up puppies and passing them around, and I debated on making a run for it with one in my arms. I made Ratty snap a photo with me and one of the puppies. Someday, when I have $2,800 just laying around (that's how much one cost. The full coat puppies are $3,500!), and more monthly disposable income then I know what to do with, I'll get a puppy. Someday. Please, note the sunburn, but do not judge. You probably won't even notice me because you will be too blinded by the cuteness that is the puppy.








A. I love the bottle lined up!
ReplyDeleteB. I need to tell Yuri about the nutella gelato, because he eats nutella out of the jar with a knife/fork/spoon/whatever is in sight.
C. Your burn does NOT look as bad as I anticipated!
D. OMG that puppy is the most precious wittle guy/girl around! What breed??
Yuri NEEDS Nutella gelato then, it's fantastic! If I took my sweater off for the picture you'd see my shoulders, they are purple. I wove the wittle puppy! It's an English Bulldog and I'm pretty sure I need one, like right now.
ReplyDelete