101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, May 17, 2010

62. May 14th, 2010 Picture.

Friday afternoon I left work early to attend a luncheon at the Seaport World Trade Center for MCPHS Commencement.  Ratty is the Director of Communications at MCPHS (Mass College of Pharmacy and Health Science) and he got a plus one - basically he just needed to fill a seat.  I was MORE than happy to attend a free luncheon, on a Friday, with an open bar.  I dragged my feet to the top floor of the World Trade Center and sipped my Pinot, looking out over the harbor while rubbing shoulders with some important people.  Life is so hard.

After the luncheon, and I mean RIGHT after, all the MCPHS folks had to pack up and drive to the Worcester campus for the next graduation ceremony.  Everyone asked if I was coming, as if this was a room block for a hotel after party.  Even the President of the college was like, 'so Amy are you making it out to Worcester with us for the night?'  After the second VP asked me, I looked at Ratty and was like 'Am I SUPPOSED to go?  Aren't you working?  They know I don't WORK for the college, right?'   I like the people Ratty works with, and after a co-workers wedding in Newport last October, I bonded big time with most of them.  Dennis, one of the VP's is like my new best friend and I pretty much love his wife.  Frannie and I are tight, open bar and champagne will do that to anyone.  

The luncheon ended at 2:30pm and there was a welcoming reception at 5pm at the Worcester hotel, so everyone scooted out quickly.  Since I now had a lovely Friday afternoon free, I decided to go get a pedicure.  I have a wedding this weekend, wait, I really mean WEDDING WEEKEND, because we are all packing up and spending the entire weekend in Plymouth for my sorority sister Jenn's fabulous wedding and I just cannot wait!  K back to the pedicure, I needed my toes done, badly, and once again decided I needed a treat, because frankly, I can't treat myself enough.  I took my white wine hazed little self to a place in Southie, aptly named Champagne Nails, and reaped the benefits of  a massage chair and a foot soak.  

Once my toes were all glossed in 'Miami Beet' I came home and collapsed on my bed, because obviously socializing and primping are exhausting.  I flipped through the channels and realized that I was JUST in time to watch my favorite fast talking, mother daughter twosome in the perfect faux Connecticut town of Stars Hollow.  That's right my friends, Gilmore Girls!  Only the greatest show EVER!  3 years ago I watched the series finale on the floor of my bedroom with a roll of toilet paper and a box of Kleenex and sobbed as if someone just told me they were going to need to put my puppy down.  I've seen every episode at least 5 times, every episode for 7 seasons, at least 5 times, that's a lot.  I have still only seen the series finale episode once, because I can't bring myself to relive the end of one of the greatest TV families and towns.  Sighhhh I dream of having a Luke's, and a Stars Hollow with the gazebo in the town center, and the cute little house with the wrap around porch and maybe even a Taylor but DEFINITELY a Dean and definitely not a Jess.  Anyway, I snapped this candid while sitting on my bed, admiring my toes and watching my little Rory move into her dorm room at Yale.  It was a really rough day, because after Gilmore Girls ended, I took a nap, under my awesomely cozy Nantucket sweatshirt blanket.  Woe is me.


1 comment:

  1. Such a fantastic show, now you made me miss it!!! I love the tips of ur toes showing here hahaha!

    ReplyDelete