Pair my need for fruit with the fact that I have a mild B12 deficiency, and the B Booster smoothie is perfect. I found out I had a B12 deficiency the last time I went to the doctor, and realized that was probably why I was so tired all the time. My energy felt zapped and all I wanted to do was nap all the time. I've actually read a few articles that said B12 deficiencies are pretty common among 20-something women, since we're always on the go and usually avoid most of the things that are high in B12. I rarely eat meat, don't like oysters, pick skim milk over whole and usually choose to cook my chicken, which drains all the vitamins. I am totally okay with that though, I'd rather just drink a smoothie or pop a vitamin instead of running the risk of getting salmonella again.
I've always loved smoothies, but found that the ones you can buy at Boloco, Jamba Juice or other places are made with lots of sugar and unnecessary ingredients. I stopped getting a smoothie at the food court when I worked at BU, because I realized it was probably doing more harm than good. I love Odwalla because are made with 100% juice puree (hi, I need ALL the fruity goodness I can get).









No comments:
Post a Comment