101 in 1001 Challenge

Thursday, June 2, 2011

62. January 12th, 2011 Picture.

SNOW DAY!  I love that I still get snow days even though I don’t work at a college anymore – it’s great!  I spent all day drinking coffee and blogging, opting to not watch TV at all until I completed a good chunk of the October blogs that needed to be posted.  Chipping away!  And to date I'm STILL chipping!



I ventured out around 4pm to shovel out my car - the last thing I wanted was for the snow to freeze over.  Living near the ocean means that the second it gets dark, my car will become a thick sheet of impenetrable and extremely annoying ice. There was so much snow on the ground, but it was so pretty.  I walked down the street, snapping photos of the streets and trees, which prompted one smart allicky neighbor to ask if this was my first winter in Boston.  Um, no silly.  I quickly quipped back, ‘Nope, I grew up here, I just like taking pictures, thanks.’  The roads were slushy, but aside from that, the snow was white and fluffy, but heavy!  It took me about an hour to get my car cleaned off and shoveled out.  Here are some before and after pictures.  After I took the one of my car all cleared, the guy shoveling next to me asked if I was selling it.  What is UP with everyone in my photo-taking business?




One hilariously ironic moment that took place during my shoveling extravaganza happened while I was driving my car and inch up and an inch back, trying to gain some mobility, ‘Summertime’ by Kenney Chesney came on the radio.  Nothing like below freezing temperatures, snow covered jackets and soaking wet feet to really make me long for summer.


And if you're wondering, YES the orange cone went straight into my spot as soon as I moved my car.  After all that physical labor, that baby is MINE.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God winter is over!! The thought of you shoveling out your car in that heap of snow/ice is daunting. Your the best Amy! You always tackle things head on. I'm so proud of you lovey. Wish I could have helped you!

    Thank God for Kenney Chesney to lighten things up a bit!!

    AND . . . .I would keep that orange cone handy! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom is so right!! Glad to see that snow gone and I can't imagine how you live in the city!

    ReplyDelete