101 in 1001 Challenge

Sunday, June 26, 2011

62. February 6th, 2011 Picture.

Each of my friends has claimed a holiday celebration as their own.  Jamie has Christmas, I have St. Patrick's Day, while Bill and Tara have Super Bowl Sunday.  As I've blogged about many times before, Tara is QUITE the cook, so you can imagine the spread that was put out for us.  We headed over in the early afternoon, allowing enough time to eat, drink and be merry, while holding their adorable son Liam.  

It was here that Ratty went WAY out of his comfort zone and held a baby.  I have the pictures to prove it!


{See!  Even Liam looks confused!}



{Aw, cuddles for Ratty!}



{Then it was my turn.  Obviously, it's always my turn.}



Just a minor sampling of the spread.  Homemade corndogs, pulled pork in cornbread cups, wings, veggies, fried mozzarella.  We were stuffed.  Absolutely stuffed.


But there is ALWAYS room for cake!  Tara is famous for making a cake, from scratch with homemade frosting, for every type of event.  This time around, she made a football stadium, I mean, look at that detail!  As impressive as it was, it didn't stop us from diving in and demolishing it.

Liam started to get fussy, as most babies do when it's their bedtime, but he screamed even harder anytime Jamie went near him.  She looked at him, he cried.  She tried to hold him, he cried.  She tried to feed him, he cried.  It became comical after a while because the kid would not stop freaking out.  I am sure that we caused some sort of irreversible damage by laughing hysterically every time he cried.  I am sure we will give him a lot of things to discuss with his therapist.


The party was so much fun, I honestly can't even tell you who played in the Superbowl.  When my beloved Patriots got bumped out [kicked out sounds SO harsh, doesn't it?] I really stopped paying attention.  I just had to Wikipedia it to remember who was playing.  We all hate the Steelers, as does most of the country, so we spent the entire game cheering for the Packers.  It must have done some good, because they won!  

As soon as the game ended we packed up and headed home.  We were full, happy and exhausted from a fun day at the DiPilato household!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I love that you have such wonderful friends! Sounds like a great Super Bowl Sunday!

    Ratty, Liam looks really comfortable in your arms ~ Amy, you're a pro and the picture of Jamie and Liam is absolutely hysterical!!!

    I also want to comment on the spread and the cake! Very impressive!! Bet it was as good as it looked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liam is Adorable and I love that Ratty is continually stepping outside his comfort zone! Jaime must have said something to him he didn't like haha!

    The food looks unbelievable! yum!

    ReplyDelete