Saturday night I got to babysit the two most adorable-ist nieces on the planet. They had called me earlier in the week asking if I could come over and babysit. Their parents had no plans, they just wanted me to come over and hang out with them - seriously, how sweet are they?! I made plans to head over around 5pm, where we'd eat pizza, popcorn, watch movies and paint nails. Any quality hang out time with the girls requires manis and pedis for everyone. I mean, obviously. What kind of girls night would it be if there was no nail painting?!
Eddie and Christine had to literally make up plans so that they could leave the house, at the girls request. They opted to go out to dinner and said they'd be back in a few hours. We got right down to it, making popcorn in their new swanky popcorn popper that Ratty gave them for Christmas.
We each got one of these adorable little popcorn bowls and added butter and salt until we each had the perfect serving. We went straight upstairs to watch 'Alice in Wonderland' which is one of th girls' favorite movies.
I put the TV on the floor and we grabbed a bunch of pillows and blankets and curled up to watch the movie. I don't know where these girls get ideas like this, but watching the movie in the den was out of the question. It needed to be in their room, on the floor, surrounded by pillows.
The girls were absolutely riveted with the movie.
I completely forgot just how weird 'Alice in Wonderland' is. The girls were asking me questions about why Alice was lost, why she was eating a mushroom to grow, why she was able to flood a room with her tears, I mean, how can I possibly answer that? Oh sweetie, the author was probably high on drugs when he wrote this, pay no attention. Within seconds of the movie ending, we heard Eddie and Christine come through the front door. The girls lapsed into hysterics and begged them to go out again. We hadn't made cookies, we hadn't painted our nails, they'd come home too early! Christine said that they finished dinner and drove around the neighborhood trying to kill time before finally heading home. What kids beg their parents to leave again, and moreso, what parents don't take total advantage of a free babysitter that their kids actually like?! I was like 'Go have a drink! Go to a movie! Go do something without your children, enjoy this free time!' Oh well, I guess we'll just have to do manis and pedis another time!








haha I love this! Such a great aunt! I would liek to request you to do manis and pedis with me and watch Alice and Wonderland and eat popcorn....and cookies too!
ReplyDeleteAmy ~ the "Queen of Aunties"!!
ReplyDeleteYou're the Best!!!