101 in 1001 Challenge

Saturday, June 18, 2011

62. January 30th, 2011 Picture.

Okay, so I am not doing a great job at keeping my resolution about not posting as many food pictures, however, this photo was taken 4 months ago before I made said promise, so it's not really my fault.  I promise I have been trying harder to take more people-centric photos.

Now, on January 29th, Ratty and I decided to go to brunch - SHOCKING!  This particular day however, was the Super Hunger Brunch, where participating Boston area restaurants offered a prix fixe menu for $25 with 100% of the proceeds going to the Greater Boston Food Bank.  January is actually Super Hunger Brunch Month, with different restaurants participating every week.  We headed to Stella in the South End to complete our civic duty, and brunch our faces off.

I don't want to go into too much detail about the yummy brunch, as I will be posting it under my 'Try Brunch at 25 New Places' heading, but let me tell you, it was so yummy!

I snapped this photo, of what I deemed 'The Perfect Bite'.  I got the breakfast sandwich, which was bacon, egg, cheese and pesto on a croissant.  It was out of this world!  


The food was really great, and the fact that all proceeds went to the GBFB made it so much better!  After eating 3 brunch-alicious courses, we needed to take a walk around the South End to try and wake ourselves up!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious...and for a cause...what could be better! I hope you don't think my ranting and raving about the food posts meant I wanted them to stop...because I don't, they keep me coming back and wanting more!

    Have fun on your Southie bar crawl tonight!! And be safe!

    ReplyDelete