101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

62. January 25th, 2011 Picture.

I came home from work and put on my pajamas and crawled into my bed under my oh so comfy Nantucket sweatshirt blanket.  Something about winter makes me so lazy, in particular this winter.  It probably has something to do with the fact that we got so much snow it made it physically impossible for me to leave my house.  By the time 4:30pm rolled around I was so beat that I just want to put on my pajamas and do absolutely nothing all night.  That’s great every once and a while but multiple nights per week is out of character for me.  That being said, it didn't stopped me.  So, I laid in my bed, under my sweatshirt blanket, wearing my Black Dog sweatshirt (no island fueding here!) and watched Barefoot Contessa and Ghost Whisperer reruns all night.  At about 7pm I was SO tired that I fell asleep!  For an hour!  I never ever nap, ever, so me passing out for an hour on a weeknight is uncharted territory.  I woke up all like, ‘what day is it?  What time is it?  Do I need to go to work right now?’ and all that jazz.

It was probably because this blanket is so awesome.  It is so soft and so cozy and so warm, I just love it.  I call it my sweatshirt blanket because it’s made just like a sweatshirt, unbelievably soft on one side and heavy and dense on the other, it’s even stamped with a Nantucket beach permit logo on one side.  I bought it when Erin and I went to Nantucket for Figawi a few years ago, which is an ultra famous boat race that takes place during Memorial Day weekend each year.  I scoped out every t-shirt shop on the island, before finally picking out the perfect blanket at the cheapest price (hey, it’s still me we are talking about).  



I pack it on every vacation, bring it to Ratty's when we're doing movie nights, it has literally become my security blanket.  You know, if I am regressing back to my toddler days.

2 comments:

  1. A little nap never hurts! Sounds like the perfect way to spend a cold winter's night!

    Nice Nantucket sweatshirt blanket Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love a good nap! And a nice sweatshirt blanket is just the way to get a GOOD nap.

    ReplyDelete