101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, June 13, 2011

62. January 22nd, 2011 Picture.

January 22nd was a Saturday, I know this mainly because I opened up my planner and looked up the date, but also because Ratty and I took a trip to up to Tyngsboro to visit with his Grampy, go out to dinner with his family and ::drumroll please:: buy Ratty a new MacBook!  Yay Apple!


Ratty had been saving all his hard earned pennies (I say this as if he is 16 and saved up all his lawn mowing money to buy a telescope - reference anyone?!) to buy a new MacBook.  I absolutely love my Mac, I can say that I have never owned a PC, and I don't plan on ever owning one.  My Mac is the best.  Ratty had taken my laptop for a spin a few times, so when he needed to replace his old, dying Gateway, he opted to invest in a Mac, a very wise choice.  The plan was to buy the computer right over the NH border, so he could avoid paying sales tax, smart guy.


We headed up to NH in the afternoon and headed straight to the nursing home where Ratty's Grampy lives.  I'd heard so many wonderful things about him and I was so excited to finally meet him.  We'd stopped off at Bova's in the North End before our trip and brought Grampy a boxful of his favorite treats.  While we were visiting, he ate his entire dinner plus a giant slice of Boston Cream Pie - at 92 he is not slowing down!  Ratty's mom had to take the desserts away and hide them, because I'm pretty sure he would have eaten everything in one sitting.  The man loves his sweets, and I mean, who can blame him?  We spent a little over an hour chatting with Grampy, mostly talking about the Red Sox and Celtics while watching sports highlights on TV.  According to Ratty, the man loves two things, food and Boston sports, that's my kinda guy!  It was so great to finally meet and spend time with him, I can see why Ratty loves him so much!


After getting some significant Grampy time in, we headed off to the mall to buy Ratty his new laptop.  Yayyy!



{Ratty walking into the Mac store.  Totally not staged.}


{Testing out a few floor models.  This was totally for show, Ratty had been researching models for weeks and he knew EXACTLY what he wanted.}


{There it is!  Ratty documenting his new purchase with a picture - he probably Facebooked, Tweeted and texted it to everyone he knew.}


{So new and shiny.  It made me want a new one, even though mine is perfectly fine it's not brand new.}


{Still savoring the newness!}

After buying the laptop and getting a quick tutorial from the 'genius' who helped us, no honestly thats what Apples' sales associates are called, we packed it all up and headed off to a resturant to meet Ratty's parents and his brother for a late dinner.  Ratty was going to leave the laptop in the car, but I quickly squashed that idea, telling him he HAD to bring it inside.  He thought he looked pretty foolish carrying around an Apple bag through the restaurant, but it's better than someone stealing it, am I right?!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you! Plus judging by your other pics I can only assume it was freezing. Apples don't do well in the cold (the fruit and the computers). ;)

    ReplyDelete