101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

62. June 10th, 2010 Picture.

So on Thursday night, I made my way downtown to watch the Celtics game.  Which, I mean, they won, but at this point doesn't matter in the slightest.  I was heading to An Tain to meet Ratty and watch the game.  An Tain, which reminded me exactly of a college basement party, is right in Faneuil Hall and offers $2 bud lights, which for anyone who lives in Boston, knows that it means beers are practically free.  I got a great parking spot, my friend Erin calls me Magellan because I always find a parking spot, always, and made my way to An Tain to meet Ratty.  I believe I've only ever been there one other time, and that was for about 30 seconds, so I wasn't really sure what to expect.  As I stood out front, waiting for a few people go to inside before me, an extremely drunk man in a wheelchair tried to make it out of the bar.  Apparently people knew him because no one was phased in the slightest when he went over a step and fell out of his wheelchair on to the sidewalk.  I on the hand freaked out and went over to help him.  As he was trying to lift himself back up (he wasn't totally handicapped, he could stand, but was still very very drunk) I used my arms to try and steady him as 4 people help the wheelchair.  That's right folks, 4 bouncers held the WHEELCHAIR while, I lifted him into the seat.  Does that sound mismatched or what?


Once all that mayhem was settled, I went inside the bar where Ratty was sitting waiting.  I quickly ordered a beer while rehashing the drama that took place outside.  We got seats right at the bar, and ordered some food, which was surprisingly awesome, and hunkered down to watch the Celts kill LA.  Obviously, the happiness was fleeting, but at that moment in time, there was still lots of hope.  It was a fun night, but the bar was full of insane meatheads who were so belligerently drunk it wasn't fun to make fun of them, but I did it anyway.  I had snapped a few action shots right as the Celts won the game, but none of them seem appropriate now, boohoo.


I did however take this picture driving into the city.  I should have known something was going on because of the crazy weather, notice how you can't see the top of the building.  Now that's some crazy fog.



I don't know why the quality of this photo isn't so great.  I emailed it to myself so I could blog at work, working hard here people, so when I get home I am going to replace it with the original, which I am sure is better.  For now, this will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment