I blame NStar. I think that since my power went out so many times, it screwed up my DVR box. I had about 40% of my shows saved, nothing too important, except for the 2 hour PBS documentary on Nantucket Whaling where they interview Nathaniel Philbrick, but what can ya do? I turned it on, after not watching TV for a day or two, and found my memory completely wiped. It had 0% saved and none of my series recordings on file. I sighed deeply and started re-programing the entire box, going show by show, channel by channel, making sure not to miss one thing I liked to watch. A few hours later, I turned on the TV to check out Wipeout, which is an absolutely hilarious show that makes me laugh out loud all the time. Basically it's just people going through bizarrely funny obstacle courses while trying to avoid falling in water. The stuff they make them do on this show is hilarious, and people are always slipping and falling and, well, watching people fall is just plain old funny to me.
So anyway, I go to watch Wipeout and found that the ONE show, which had only been recording for like 18 minutes, had taken up 42% of my box. I know that's a lie, that must be the total of all the shows I lost PLUS Wipeout. LAME. I apparently need to turn my box in and get a new one because at some point or another, it was corrupted. So weird, but again, I blame all the power outages.
{Like, this doesn't even make sense!}
OMG I would have been PIIIIIISSED....don't mess with my cable!!
ReplyDeleteAt least it isn't in the middle of prime time season for shows though, right...silver lining?!?!
I know, right?! All I really lost were some Food Network shows, which I can deal with losing. If I lost like a week's worth of prime time TV I would be livid!
ReplyDelete