Like I had mentioned in many previous posts, I was headed to a wedding last weekend for my sorority sister Jenn. We all packed up on Friday afternoon and moved into the Plymouth Radisson for the weekend. I had a lot of stuff. Multiple dresses, shoes, after party outfits, bathing suit, Sunday day drinking outfits, jeans, pajamas, a computer, speakers, games, cards, pillow, blanket, air mattress, 4 cardigans, lilies, the list goes on. I like to be prepared! Isn't that the first rule of the Girl Scouts? You never know with New England weather, and although they said the weather would be nice, a freak thunder storm or blizzard can appear at any given moment, so I definitely needed the fur lined moccasins and North Face, along with the shorts and flip flops, just in case.
I picked Lina up around 7pm in Southie; She was parking her car near South Station and leaving the keys for Kevin, who was getting in from NYC at 12:30am on Friday night. We do not mess around when it comes to friends' weddings. The debate is on for most dedicated guest, as Kevin worked all day Friday, and left NYC at 7pm, took the bus all the way to Boston, and then drove the hour to Plymouth, arriving sometime around 1:30am. Julie had been in NYC as well on Friday night, seeing Pearl Jam in concert, and took the midnight bus back to Boston, and drove to her house on the Cape, arriving around 7am, and turning right back around to be at the church at 10am and even presented the Prayers of the Faithful! Props to Kev and Julie!
Lina and I piled ALL our stuff into my car, okay Lina had 1 backpack and a dress on a hanger, and I had my entire life, but who cares about details. We headed down to Plymouth, mentally preparing ourselves for the awesomeness that was going to overtake us. Erin had already texted me to say she was at the hotel, waiting for our arrival. Mark left his apartment shortly after us, and Lana was going to stop by our room when she got back from dinner.
Once we got to the hotel, Lina went to check in and I started to unload all my stuff. I snapped this picture just to show how responsible I was.
Ha, that's right! I buckled in my flowers AND my vodka. God forbid something happen to either of them. I mean, in all honesty, how else do you transport two very important and very fragile glass objects? I don't think there was any better way to travel for these two.
The flowers added the perfect touch to our room, since our window and balcony overlooked the pool, so the room smelled a little musty. We spent the majority of the night watching the Sox, playing Apples to Apples, ordering Papa Gino's and just drinking and hanging out. Poor Butchie got a tad too tipsy and woke up the next morning with a horrible hangover. I stopped early on and woke up feeling like a million bucks. K, that's a straight up lie. We had Sleep Number beds in our room, but both were broken, so I ended up sleeping on a rock slab and woke up with the worst kinks and pains in my hips. I am too young for hip pain! Mark even woke up in the middle of the night talking in his sleep, saying the beds were horrible. So true.
I was waking up first, since I, in theory, would take the longest to get ready. My alarm was set for 7:15am, and that should allow plenty of time for everyone to get ready, stop for coffee and make it to the church on time. Spoiler alert: We were early. First and only time, ever.








No comments:
Post a Comment