101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

62. May 24th, 2010 Picture.

Well, we are currently into June, which means that we are going on 2 weeks without a strong internet connection at my house.  I thought by now it would be cleared up, but unfortunately that is so not the case.  I actually don't mind not having internet at night, other than I can't really blog or upload my awesome pictures to Facebook.  On any given evening, prior to the great high speed wireless internet blackout of 2010 (that's what I'm calling this) I would sit on my bed, watching TV, combing over Facebook, Twitter, Perez Hilton and Texts From Last Night over and over until my eyes were sore and vision blurred.  This may be what people refer to as sensory overload.  I don't have a desk in my room  so I am forced sit on the edge of my bed with my computer on my lap, hunched over the keyboard, for absolutely no reason.  I have horrible shoulders (re: number 81, get a massage every month for 6 months) so working at a computer constantly doesn't really help my knots.


Since the great high speed wireless internet blackout of 2010 (or TGHSWIB10) started, I have actually found myself reading more, go figure.  I love to read and have read A LOT of books in my short little lifetime, but for some reason I recently s l o w e d  d o w n.  It may have been because the last book I read, Brutal by Kevin Weeks, didn't make me want to pick it up, and therefore I had to force myself to finish it.  This was completely unexpected because everyone knows I am obsessed with South Boston, it's history and Whitey Bulger, so I should have breezed through this book in a matter of hours.  I've thankfully moved on and am in between 2 new books, one a girlie, light-hearted summer read, and the other a true story about a criminal profiler and the murders she has tried to solve for various police departments across the country.  One I can read before bed and one I can only read when it's daylight and I'm surrounded by people.  You try and guess which one is which.


I took this photo when I was frustrated about my internet connection.  I desperately wanted to blog about my fabulous wedding weekend, but was quickly shot down.



Now that I have a borrowed flash drive, I don't feel so isolated from my blog.  If I get too far removed from writing I start to forget all the hilarious things I want to share, and that isn't good for you or for me.   But especially for you, my avid blog followers.  What did people do before computers?  Anyone remember?  No, me neither.

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely one of those "avid blog followers" you mentioned and look forward to my Amy Deveau Wit & Wisdom each day. I sincerely hope TGHSWIB10 is solved SOON. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you so much Laura! I am an avid reader of your blog as well, that peanut chicken dish looks SO good! I may steal the idea. TGHSWIB10 is no more! I hooked up the Linksys last night so I am currently blogging with full signal. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete