101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

62. June 23rd, 2010 Picture.

I really love Panera.  I can't say enough nice things about it.  The food is tremendous, employees friendly, fireplace warm, atmosphere inviting, just an all around great lunch place.  A few times a month, I decide I need to get straight out of my office immediately, grab a book and head to Panera in Coolidge Corner.  Depending on the season I try to get a seat on their open patio or next to the warm, cozy fireplace.  I can sit there for over an hour (depending on how my work day looks) sitting in a comfy chair reading a nice book.  I always get the pick two special, where you can pick two things from three options.  Half of a sandwich, bowl of soup or a salad.  I pretty much always get the Chipotle Chicken Sandwich, no tomatoes, and either a salad or soup depending on my mood.  I love the Baked Potato Soup and the Chicken Cobb Salad, along with the Asian Sesame Chicken Salad.  Sometimes I opt for an iced green tea, or frozen lemonade.  All around, it is a fantastic meal and I am not hungry again for hours, which if you know me, is quite the fete.  This past weekend my aunt asked me if I had seen a doctor about my perpetual hunger.  I don't think there is anything wrong with me, I just like food.

On Wednesday, I decided I needed a little mid-afternoon outing, away from my desk, phone and computer, to relax a bit.  Tuesdays can be so stressful.  It was a nice day, so I wanted to sit near an open window, enjoying the fresh air.  I ordered half a Chipotle Chicken Sandwich and a 'small' Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, with a frozen lemonade as a treat.  I brought along my most recent book, a collection of short stories from a variety of Irish authors, and sunk in my chair to enjoy my lunch.  Life is good.


I really like this Panera in particular because on a recent episode of House Hunters, Sandra Rinomato met with her clients in this exact location.   I love HGTV and House Hunters and Sandra Rinomato.  Heck, I'm practically famous just from eating at the same place!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Panera and LOVE House Hunters (I have regenerated my love for HGTV)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE HGTV too! I can't get enough of all the shows. I also cannot get enough Panera.

    ReplyDelete