101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

62. June 25th, 2010 Picture.

On Friday night Ratty and I made plans to grab some dinner and catch a movie.  My cousin Keri was getting married on Saturday, so I wanted a low key night so that I would wake up refreshed and ready to dance my face off.  We decided to go see 'Knight and Day', formerly known as 'Witchita', mostly because it was filmed in Boston AND Bridgewater.  There aren't too many restaurants near the Boston Common movie theater, and we had exhausted most of our favorites, so we decided to hit up P.F. Changs.  Now, I love P.F. Changs, love.  Their Crispy Honey Shrimp with brown rice are so delicious.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it right now.

The plan was to meet at P.F. Changs around 6pm, that way I could park at a meter for 2 hours and not worry about refilling it, since they shut off at 8pm.  I was driving down Boylston Street, when I suddenly saw a handful of bikes by my car while I was stopped at a light.  A bike parked itself right in front of my car, and suddenly I was surrounded by a swarm.  Literally a swarm.  There must have been 300 people riding their bicycles down the street.  Some were playing music from radios strapped on the back of their bikes while others were chanting 'WHO'S STREET?!  OUR STREET!'  Now, I hate bike riders, you're always in my way and you think you are a car.  You aren't a car, FYI.  If you are going to try and follow the rules of the road, then you should wait at a red light like the rest of us.  Do you know how many rogue bikes I've almost hit because they decided that, at that exact moment, they didn't have to stop at a red light and obey the rules?!  A lot.  Ughhhh I cannot stand them.  Anyway, my whole point is that by tieing up traffic for 3 light cycles and having irate drivers honk at you while apparently participating in some sort of bicycle freedom ride, you are making everyone hate you MORE.  You are not helping the cause of bicycling by pissing people off.  A few people said 'thank you for stopping' to me as they rode past, you few, are welcome.  The rest of the 297 riders, I strongly dislike you, a lot.


I finally made it to P.F. Changs at 7pm.  After my bike-pocolyps incident, I circled around the Common and Public Gardens because movie trailers had taken up all the meters.  They are filming 'What's Your Number?' here in Boston, with Chris Evans, sighhhh Chris Evans, and were right downtown that afternoon.  I didn't mind circling the first few times, but after a while I was so tired with driving.  I heard songs repeat on the radio which was a sign that I had been in the car for far too long.  

Once I got to P.F. Changs, I grabbed a seat at the bar next to Ratty and ordered a Mai Tai.  The last time we went there I got a migraine the second I walked through the door, so needless to say we were already better off this time around.  We opted for the 2 person dinner special for $40, which included 2 soups, an appetizer, 2 entrees and 2 desserts.  There.was.so.much.food.  I thought I was going to explode.  We got egg drop soup, fried green beans, which were AMAZING, Mongolian Beef, Crispy Honey Shrimp and red velvet cake and strawberry cheesecake.  I was full up to my eyeballs.  We got to the movie theater and didn't get popcorn OR Milk Duds, which was obviously a sign that I was too full to function.

The movie wasn't awful.  I hate Tom Cruise, but he was semi-charming and funny in this movie.  At times they made fun of other action movies, which made it even more hilarious.  I don't know if they meant to make fun of themselves, but they did.  If they didn't mean for it to poke fun at them, then I feel awkward.  

It was a nice, low key night, and it was a perfect casual Friday.  Minus the bikes.

1 comment:

  1. As always, I'm happy to hear that you had a low key, perfect casual night with Ratty!

    Thanks for giving me a lesson on how to comment Amy. I want to say thankyou to your wonderful friends and family that take the time to let you know that they appreciate your efforts. I love your blogs and look forward to reading them every day ~ over and over! I guess that's what mother's do best!

    ReplyDelete