My BBQ started around 2pm, which to my friends really means 3:30pm, we still function on Bridgewater Greek Time, even though we aren't in college anymore. We had tons of beers and some virgin pink lemonade that eventually got spiked. I had bought a TON of food, including 4 pounds of ground beef which I molded into little patties (it was cheaper than buying the pre-made patties, look at me being so thrifty and homemaker-ish!), about 2 dozen hot dogs, potato salad, chips, dip, a salad and much more. There was so.much.food. I even had to pull out some Tums after grilling because everyone was so incredibly full. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Around 5:30pm we had the ever so important conversation about what to do about alcohol. We currently had a good amount of beers, but there were rumblings of starting some games, we would probably need more. Since it was Sunday, the store would be closing at 6pm and we needed to make a game time decision. Eventually a consensus was reached and a caravan of people walked to the end of my street to Al's and picked up more booze. We started a few games of beruit, which quickly went south when Lauren and Richie started playing with mixed berry vodka. The BBQ went all night, with the last guests leaving around 11:30pm. By then I was full and exhausted and fell asleep on the couch while Ratty was drinking and watching TV. I am great company.
The matching dresses were NOT planned. I guess for a $12 dress from H&M I should have been happy that everyone wasn't wearing that dress. We do look cute though, huh?
{Some casual beruit posing. Woooork it Mark.}
{Counting the inventory.}
{Kyle's new default I'm sure.}
{Lauren and Tara.}
{Mark overpowered my camera and became the paparazzi for the day.}
{I think we were giving a speech...no seriously, I am pretty sure someone started 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina'. And it wasn't me.}
{Jamie and Lauren.}
{Mark rapid fired about 20 pictures in a row, each of which was more unflattering than the last. This was when Mark finally got the message that we did NAHT want our picture taken.}
I think the funniest moment of the night is when Mark walked straight into my screen door. We heard a HUGE crash and looked to see Mark frozen in position, flat up against the screen, which had come completely dislodged from the tracks. I think he was hoping that if he didn't move, no one would notice. He had put his foot clear through the bottom and complained for the next 2 hours that his face still hurt from the impact. I ran upstairs and grabbed some duct tape to plug up the hole so my roommate's cat wouldn't escape. I then put a line of duct tape across the screen at eye level, so everyone ::cough MARK cough:: would know that the screen door was closed. Genius idea!








Remember when Kyle nearly served my toe with the rocking chair and you tried to heal my toe with duct tape as well?
ReplyDeleteIt has its limits.