101 in 1001 Challenge

Thursday, June 3, 2010

62. May 26th, 2010 Picture.

Okay so I am not really sure how to organize this post.  I took this as my photo of the day, but quickly realized that it could be also be categorized under Number 1 on my list, Purchase Renters Insurance.  For whatever reason, Blogspot won't let me apply multiple labels to 1 post, so I guess that this photo will have to count for my May 26th picture, and I'll have to construct a separate post completely for Number 1.  It's totally fine, I have way to0 many photos of everything, so it's not as if I am going to run out.  I just wanted to be able to label this post, so when someone was interested in reading about how I completed Number 1, if anyone ever was interested in that, they could click the label and find all the posts associated with it.  I guess I'll have to think of a creative blog writing way to get around this predicament.  You live and you learn.


My friend Joel is also my Liberty Mutual Insurance Agent, after years of him trying to woo me as a client, he finally succeeded when I bought my new car and he gave me the BEST.RATE.EVER.  I had been dragging my feet on getting renters insurance, but bit the bullet and called him up to ask questions.  Actually, I emailed him and then he called me, but who really cares about details.  I have irrational fears, LOTS of them, and having my house catch on fire is one of them.  It was heightened when I moved into a townhouse, connected on both sides to other houses.  One stray cigarette or unattended candle and this whole street could be engulfed in flames.  It's not the happiest of thoughts, but buying insurance is actually a pretty rational way to counter my completely irrational fears.   I mean, one fear is that Foyet, a character from Criminal Minds, who fictitiously was named The Reaper and lived in South Boston and who is now subsequently 'dead' would somehow find me and break into my house.  Hi, he isn't REAL!  I know that now, when it's daylight, and there people around and I feel safe.  Fast forward to 12am when I hear a trash barrel get knocked over outside and I'll be wide awake, heart pounding, re-checking every lock on every door and window in my house.  I should call my therapist.  


Anyway, renters insurance is LONG overdue for me, having lived in apartments for almost 5 years, but I always thought it was a hassle.  I really did think that you needed to document everything you owned, re: spreadsheets, receipts and pictures, but I was so wrong.  They just believe you!  They just assume that everyone is telling the truth about what they own and I love it.  After talking to Joel on the phone and having him run down pricing and coverage, I was directed to the online 'paperwork' to complete my application.  After a few days, I should be getting something in the mail, to confirm my coverage.  If anything happens to me, or my oh so important stuff, I'm good.



2 comments:

  1. Okay, I have to comment again, because a) everyone loves comments on their blog posts and b) your irrational fear about fictional Criminal Minds characters is SO NORMAL, because I'm the same way, and since there are two of us, we're normal, right? I have legitimate nightmares from that show alone... can't watch it when it's dark or right before I go to sleep. Great job on all your catch-up blogging/101 list to do-ing... you're doing awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Laura, it is TOTALLY rational! I like to think that instead of me being insane, I am just being aware to the dangers of life, and taking the necessary steps to protect myself. That still doesn't explain why I keep thinking fictional characters are breaking into my house, but who cares about pesky details?!

    ReplyDelete