101 in 1001 Challenge

Sunday, June 27, 2010

62. June 18th, 2010 Picture.

On Friday I was still in a blah mood over the whole purse-gate sitch that I didn't feel like doing much.  I had planned on going to the registry to get a new license, but realized that I could renew it online and have it mailed to me.  SO much better than spending 3 hours in line, with people standing way too close to me.  It's called personal space!  I suggest you respect it, please and thank you!  I went home to my mom's to hang out and look for my passport, which was no where to be found, because it was in my apartment in my passport holder, such a smart place for it.

Ratty had asked if I wanted to grab a drink, but since my passport hadn't been found by this point, I asked if we could hang out at his apartment so that I could drink some booze illegally.  He obliged and I headed to the North End that night to hang out.  Not really thinking ahead, I completely forgot that a summer Friday night might be busy, so I circled for about an hour looking for a parking spot.  I finally found one, after stalking a group of 20 somethings from Colorado, and made my way to his apartment.  He had a giant glass of white wine waiting for me, plus some cheese and crackers.  Pretty much all I could have ever wanted at that point in time.  We watched some TV and sipped wine all night.  At one point, I heard a loud bang, which sounded like fireworks.  Being in the North End, Ratty has an amazing view of the city from his roof, and there are always random fireworks going off for various events, so it wasn't completely out of the ordinary to hear them on a random Friday.  I grabbed my cell phone and the two of us went up on his roof.  I was able to grab this shot, quality aside, it's not too bad!  It still counts as my photo a day, although not up to my usual standards.  Thankfully, Ratty had an old camera he didn't use anymore, so now it is my brand spanking new one.  Until I can save up and afford a really nice one, preferably waterproof.


No comments:

Post a Comment