Looking at this picture, I started to think 'when am I supposed to be old enough to NOT eat cereal for dinner?' Is there ever really a cut off to stop doing things like this? I pretty much live paycheck to paycheck, and when I say pretty much I mean I most definitely do, so sometimes I don't go grocery shopping for a week or two, which is when I start pairing chips and salsa with oatmeal for dinner. Don't do it, I did NOT feel good after that and have stopped trying to make my own black bean, corn and Chipotle Tabasco sauce salsa. It really did sound good at the time, I swear. I somewhat try to plan my shopping around meals, but I usually buy all stuff for lunch and completely disregard dinner, which leaves me with the options of ordering $30 of Chinese food for myself, eating hummus and ramen (which was also a poor matching), or surprising my mom at home and asking her to feed me, which I may do tonight actually.
My niece Cassie doesn't call me a grown up, she thinks I'm a teenager, and alternates between calling me that and a big kid. I am totally fine with that, because what grown up would lay on the floor and let her and her sister Abby and cousin Chloe pig pile on them, while sticking their cute, bony, little knees and elbows into every major organ in his or her body, while Chloe screams 'I'm going for the knees!'? Yea, that's just me. I like to let them lick all the frosting off cupcakes and then jump on beds and throw them in the air. I am the go to girl for hide and seek, kickball, i spy, tag, sidewalk chalk drawing, monkey in the middle, French braiding and toe nail painting. I hang them upside down by their feet and let them scream their heads off, until my mom yells at me to put them down, c'mon they LOVE it! I am hands down the best present giver ever and recently spent an entire Friday night ripping, washing, repeating Old Navy jeans for Cassie to match the leather jacket and Beatles T-shirt I bought her. I buy them the cutest outfits, like knee high suede wedge boots with pom-poms and white fur trimmed pants, and I'll sit and watch iCarly or SpongeBob Squarepants with them for hours. Then we all take naps.
So, while I have no real adult assets, besides my sparkling personality and a closet filled with jeans, heels, handbags and Gap cardigans, which totally count, I'm mildly alright with it. Ya, I'd like a 401k (whoops did I mention I don't have one of those yet?), and some money in my savings account that would last me longer than 1 unemployed week of life, and maybe, just maybe get rid of credit card debt, but since I'm not a grown up yet I don't really need to worry, right? I'm just gonna keep living, one paycheck at a time, and eating cereal for dinner.








No comments:
Post a Comment