101 in 1001 Challenge

Sunday, June 27, 2010

62. June 17th, 2010 Picture.

So I was off on Thursday and decided to head down to Weymouth to spend the day with my brother Eddie and my niece Abby.  I got down there around 12:30pm, which was the EXACT time we had agreed upon, yet Eddie still felt the need to call our mom at 12:20pm saying I was supposed to be there at noon and he thought I was missing or in an accident.  Just what my mother wanted to hear, I'm sure.  I had to call her when I got there to be like 'Hi, I'm alive, Eddie is being dramatic.'  I guess it runs in the family.


We decided that we were going to grill for lunch, so we went to Whole Foods to grab some supplies.  We bought stuff for burgers,hot dogs,  and some salmon, plus an entire pound of steamers for Eddie.  We came back and started to prep and warm up the grill.  I made enough burger patties for Christine and Cassie for when they got home from school, plus two for me because Eddie said they were too small.  I actually think they were perfect, thankyouverymuch.  Eddie also cooked me a hot dog because he said two burgers weren't enough.  Does he know me?  I may be a fat kid, but I can only eat so much in one sitting, that is why I am consistently hungry through the entire day, I eat like a teeny tiny adorable baby bird.  K, maybe not that little, but still two burgers and a hot dog were way too much for me.  Eddie cooked all the steamers on the grill too, which made for a pretty awesome picture:






Now, I spent that afternoon taking the most adorable photos of Miss Cassie and Abigail playing outside, eating Dairy Queen (a trip that was obviously my idea), rolling down the hill in their back yard and playing in the kiddie pool.  Unfortunately, those photos are lost forever because that night at Hennessey's while watching the Celtics crumble and lose the championship to the Lakers, my purse was taken.  It was found in the women's room, completely ransacked, with my wallet emptied, camera taken and Ratty's phone stolen.  I had no idea that my bag was even gone until the manager came up to me asking if I was Amy.  He had found my name written at the top of my planner.  Once, in second grade I got a zero on a test because I didn't write my name on it, ever since then I write my name on EVERYTHING.  Lesson learned Mrs. Mahoney.  


So ya, my wallet was emptied and my camera gone.  Thankfully I didn't have any money or really anything of note in my wallet, except for my library card from when I was 5.  My cute little name was printed in shaky handwriting, and I've been able to hang on to that card for over 20 years.  Well, it's gone and there is nothing I can do about it.  Is it weird to be more upset about a library card than a camera?  If you know me, then you shouldn't be surprised about this.  I hate losing things.  Yes, I know I didn't lose these things, they were taken and there is a difference, but I still don't like it.  It just so happened that my debit card was at the bar, holding my tab and my cell phone was next to my beer, so it definitely could have been a lot worse.  Also, they didn't take the entire bag, so the rest of my stuff was still in there.  Also, I had a Coach watch and Silpada bracelet in the pocket that weren't taken, so it DEFINITELY could have been worse!  After hyperventilating in the bar I ran outside to call my mom, because she is the only one that can talk me off the ledge.  She calmed me down and I called my two credit card companies and cancelled my cards.  Ratty's phone is actually from his work, so he was able to just waltz in and order another one, no problems.  Must be nice, huh?  


The next two days of photos are sub par because of this horrible occurrence.  Eddie also took a picture of the BBQ, so the one from this blog is his.  I also snapped some camera phone pictures to document my unhappiness.  What an AWFUL night!  The bar manager practically begged Ratty to not have me file a police report, because Hennessey's would get cited, and if he had offered to pay my bar tab, I might have thought twice about it, but no.  To add insult to awful injury, I had to watch the Celts lose, have my bag stolen then CASH OUT!   Here Hennessey's, here's $50 for raping my soul.  I walked right into that police station the next morning and had Hennessey's written up.  'That's Hennessey's H-E-N-N-E-S-S-E-Y-S.  25 Union Street, Boston.'  I hope you get a big fine!  (Technically, if you are a bar in Boston that can hold 100+ people, you need to have CCTVs, but Hennessey's didn't have them, and they can hold much more than 100 people, so take that!)



{Sad face.}


{The bag.  I couldn't even look at it.  It's shunned.}

No comments:

Post a Comment