I was surprised to see that smoke was surrounding my sister's house as well, but it made perfect sense, or as much sense as traveling smoke can make, when I remembered that she is north of the city, closer to Canada if you will. It became a pretty big joke throughout the day, because my mom could not stop talking about it. She had originally thought that the smoke was from a dorm fire at Harvard, which no one else at the BBQ had heard about, and upon further digging with the help of Google, found out that the fire happened in March, not May, not too sure how you confuse the two, but whatevs. My brother in law Harry flat out refused to believe the smoke was from Canada. He kept arguing with us, asking how smoke could make it 800 miles and though we had no real answer for it, kept insisting that it was true. He kept making the valid point that if he'd told us the smoke was from Canada we would completely not believe him and probably start laughing. SUCH a good point on his part, because I definitely would have laughed. He got so tired of dealing with the smoke and us that he went inside to watch TV. When my niece Devon got home from hanging at the library, which is what she told my mom, but really meant hanging in the parking lot BEHIND the library, she quickly goes 'is this the smoke from Canada?' and we all cracked up and Harry almost lost his mind.
It was a pretty great Memorial Day weekend, with a little vacation, LOTS of food and LOTS of drinks. I am pretty sure I put on 10 pounds in 4 days, which should either be concerning or disgusting, or both. I even told Ratty I should go for a run, which sent up red flags for him since I don't run.








No comments:
Post a Comment