I guess I'll start at the very beginning, a very good place to start. We woke up super early, too early for a Saturday, and got ourselves ready for the marathon of a day. I was actually dressed and ready to go before anyone else, which no one saw coming. I sat back and threw on some Rascal Flatts, a nice ease into the morning if you ask me. Lina was the last to get ready, and we were all sitting in the car waiting for her, impatiently because we needed coffee. I think Mark, or maybe Kevin said it best, 'for someone who is low maintenance, she sure takes a long time to get ready!'. We piled into Mark's car and threw on his ipod to wake us up. We stopped off at Dunkins, where I proceeded to buy coffee, plus 4 other beverages, so typical, and we were on our way to the church! We had quite the sing-along in the car, between Glee, Sound of Music and George Michael. As Mark said, we were all trying to be Rachel Berry.
The ceremony was absolutely spectacular. We all sobbed as Jenn and Dave read their specially written vows, and clapped and cheered when they were pronounced man and wife. We poured out of the church to bagpipes and Mark did a few toe points and high kicks in the parking lot. Thankfully the videographer caught it all on tape. We were the first ones to arrive at the reception and made a bee line for the bar. We claimed our cocktail table and Coronas and completely overtook the guest book, which was a Polaroid camera and scrapbook sheets. We snapped pictures and then pasted them directly onto the pre-scrapbooked sheets, and wrote personal messages along the sides. So cute! You should have seen us trying to load film, who uses film anymore?! It was a sorry sight.
Our place cards were handmade pinwheels, which were stuck in grass on a table. I found out after the fact that Jenn actually GREW the grass herself! I thought it was just some pieces of sod, which impressed me then, but I am now beyond impressed. Sidebar: prior to the weekend, my friends and I had an email chain going around about what we were packing, wearing and drinking all weekend, and the subject of blue gingham came up. I actually had to google gingham because I had no idea what it was, I think it should be called checkered table cloth material, but I digress. I was then promptly scolded by Mark who said 'Amy are you serious? Gingham? Here you are, one Glee reference from being a homosexual and you don't know what gingham is? I'm pulling your card.' Quite possibly the best email I've ever received, from anyone. Anyway, when I went to grab my pinwheel, it was blue gingham. FULL CIRCLE!
Once we got to our table, Mark and I are apparently a couple since we were the only dateless ones at the 'couples table', we stuck our pinwheels in the centerpiece:
After lunch, we hit the dance floor to the tunes of DJ Ronny Ruff, who was the DJ at Bogarts, our college bar. When we saw him at the reception we all quickly lost our minds and ran up and took pictures with him. He is somewhat of a celebrity in our group of friends, apparently. We spent the afternoon drinking, dancing and having the BEST time. It was open bar, so it's a little fuzzy, and it feels like it went by so fast! None of us wanted to leave the dance floor, but eventually had to. We then headed back to the hotel to change into our 'after party outfits' and walk across the street to the bar. Like we needed to go to a bar.
The place was pretty swanky, and we were outside on a patio overlooking Plymouth Harbor. We spent the rest of the evening talking, laughing, eating and drinking, which kept the theme of the day consistent. At some point I decided I was done drinking and closed my tab to just hang out. This lasted about .2 seconds because the best man bought us rounds of shots and beers for the Celts game. Unnecessary. I think this was right about the time that everyone started filtering out, Lana was told she needed to take Mark home, he was getting riled up at a man who kept making fun of his tie, Erin and Butch wanted to watch the Celts game, although I thought at this point it was over, and I was at war with my memory because I could not remember this poor guys name. I was introduced to him by Jenn's brother Bobby and immediately forgot what his first name was. This went on about 30 minutes, to the point the guy actually gave me his debit card to show me how he spelled it. For the record, it was Lachlan, and that is really hard to remember. I could tell you that his last name was Burgess and that he had an account at Sovereign and lived in Malden, but I could NOT remember Lachlan. It got to the point where Bobby and his MOM were trying to give me clues, like, 'Amy you use this on a safe (lock)' or 'we aren't in water we are on... (land).' I still had no idea! I was throwing out combination and ground, completely missing the point of the clues, like why are you telling me this?
It was right about then that I figured it was time to go home, ie back to the hotel. I got back into my room to see Mark, fully dressed, on top of the covers, snoring very loudly. All the lights were on, the TV was blaring and Lina was listening to music. Not to mention his shirt was up around his chest so his stomach was hanging out. Why I didn't think to take a photo of this sight I'll never know, but the image is burned in my brain forever, and it's hilarious. I decided I wasn't ready to go to bed just yet, so I went back to the hotel bar where most of remaining guests had ended up. I sat down and tried to talk to a few strangers, but quickly realized that all my friends were in bed and I was too tired to make small talk with people after 12 hours of reception/after party fun. If I didn't know you by then, chances are I didn't want to. On to some more photos!
{Some leftover Papa Gino's. The breakfast of Champions.}
{Mark cleaning up the car for us. Time check: 9am.}
{Jenn and Coach. Cue the tears.}
{Such a beautiful ceremony. Minus the awkward sex joke by the priest. Ya, it was so uncomfortable.}
{MARRIED!}
{Irish Jiggin' it through the parking lot.}
{I brought my own flip flops, but it didn't stop me from taking a pair!}
{Me and Lana.}
{Lana and DJ Ronny Ruff. Wacky Wednesday.}
{They're free, why not grab two at a time?}
{So gay. Literally.}
{Typical Kev and Erin.}
{Me and the bride!}
{Mark was SO upset that Jenn's hands were cold. So he blew on them for a good 5 minutes. While everyone watched.}
{The shots that NO ONE needed.}
{Me and the best man, the purchaser of all the shots.}
{Me and Lachlan. Turns out he dates a girl I went to high school with, and she is cousins with one of my best friends Kacie. SUCH a small, freaky world. I can remember the girl from high school but I can't remember his name? Jeez.}








No comments:
Post a Comment