101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

62. June 3rd, 2010 Picture.

Thursday ended up being a random vacation day for me.  My job made a rule last year that you couldn't carry over any vacation time from fiscal year to fiscal year, so you either use it or lose it.  The not so thought out result of this new decree is that NO ONE works for the entire month of June.  I mean it, I have 10 days to take, so see ya never PMC.  After looking through my events calendar I could only find 8 free days to take off.  When my boss reminded me that I'd lose my 2 other days, I said 'so I'm gonna take tomorrow and Friday.  See ya Monday!'  The best part is that no one can say anything; they made this rule, so now they have to deal with it and honor it, however ridiculous it might seem.  Not a bad way to start the summer, I just pray for beach weather next week!


Thursday night was the beginning of the NBA Finals, and since I didn't have to work on Friday, it meant that I needed to watch the game while drinking some beers.  I twisted Ratty's arm and convinced him that we should watch it together, while eating cheese and crackers and consuming some adult beverages.  While I don't love basketball, I definitely don't like being left out of the loop, so I become a bandwagon fan during the playoffs, and I am totally fine with that.  I parked my car in the Historic North End and met Ratty down the street from his apartment.  We went to one of the little grocery stores and picked up some snacks, and made our way to his place to watch the game.  I had a lot of beers left over from the BBQ, a completely random assortment, and sent them home with Ratty because he is a bachelor and has more fridge space, whereas I, living with 2 other girls, fight for shelves.  We cracked open a few Coronas when Ratty goes into the other room and comes back out with a BEAT LA shirt on.  He loves basketball, so I am not so sure why I was shocked by this.  As Ratty was walking back to the couch, beers in hand, I wanted to grab a photo since it looked cool and pretty much summed up the night.  



{Anyone notice that Ratty is kinda pulling a Wilson on this blog?  I've yet to post a photo that actually shows his face.}




Sadly the Celts did not win the first game.  It was actually kind of brutal to watch, so I turned my attention to a book instead.  What?  I said I wasn't a superfan.  Hopefully they can turn this series around and kill the Lakers.  That'd be really nice.

2 comments:

  1. Probably the best analysis of the series I've read so far.

    Oh and my arms look tan here. Like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never claimed to be a sports reporter, Ratty.

    ReplyDelete