So, this is my closet. At first glance it appears awesome. It's a 2 door closet with lots of space, plus a light inside, to help my find all my stuff, of which there is a lot. I built shelving in this portion, and have a set of wire blocks to hold my numerous pairs of jeans. I think I maximize the space pretty well, even though it may appear cluttered. I know where everything is, I think, but outta sight outta mind, am I right? Sometimes I just shovel things into a corner and forget about them until, well, until it's time for me to move out, which I don't see happening any time soon. So ya, stuff has been forgotten, that is for sure. I don't like throwing things out, I believe that my mom and I teeter on the verge of hording when it comes to stuff, not like plastic utensils and trash, but stuff that seems wasteful to throw away. Who knows, maybe someday I will use that pink gauzy tote that I got as a free swag bag from an event, and when I do, I know where it is. It's in my closet. The one that I am currently afraid to go in.
You see, I was hunting for my Red Sox hat to wear to the game and I was rummaging through my stuff. Usually my hat is in the exact same spot, next to my clean towels, but it wasn't there. I thought maybe I threw it on top of my sweatshirts, and I started digging and pulling things away, but still couldn't find. it. I pulled all my shoes out, and pulled all my bags off my shelves, yet still nothing. I went farther back and started pulling away random bags, like my T-Mobile bag that has my cell phone box and paperwork, you never know when you'll need those! I pulled aside the bag and I see, what I THINK was a centipede. I think it was dead, it didn't move, but I also didn't give it a chance to. I HATE centipedes. They are the grossest most evilist things on the planet. Ya, I said planet. I have had an irrational fear of them since high school. Our house was flooded at one point and ever since then, we have had rouge centipedes around in the summer. It typically happens only after it rains, but trust me, once is enough. I had a few close encounters with them, and those choice moments have left me emotionally scarred.
Anyway, I think I saw one. Which means that I can never go back in that closet and I will need to burn all my clothes. Mind you, I've never seen one at my apartment. We have baby ants, maybe a spider or two, but I have never seen a centipede in this apartment, knock on wood. How would the one and only centipede in the entire house end up in my closet, under bags? I wouldn't be completely shocked to see one in the basement, or even on the first floor, but I am on the second, hopefully far far away from all things creepy crawly. I also have no clue if I really saw one, it could have been a stray ribbon, string or pully thing, that in my freaking out fervor I imagined to be a disgusting bug. I have no idea if it was a dead one, because I have yet to go back into that closet. I couldn't even go on that side of the room for 2 days. I've slowly been able to walk by the door, or grab a shirt out of the closet, but I can't go to the side of the closet that may or may not have a bug in it. See how irrational I'm being? I think I saw a bug and have convinced myself that it is in the same spot as where I saw it, A WEEK AGO. Like, if it was a real bug, it's gone. God I hope it's not in my bed! Oh god, my bed.
I asked Ratty to come over and check the area and see if he saw anything. Unfortunately, he hasn't been over yet, which means that I am STILL avoiding the left half of my closet. I am too scared to check myself, what if I die of a heart attack? It is totally possible, those things are disgusting. Yuck.
Oh P.S. I found my hat. It fell off my shelf and was on the floor. Centipede free. I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








This Ratty...he's not real, is he?
ReplyDelete