101 in 1001 Challenge

Thursday, June 24, 2010

62. June 13th, 2010 Picture.

Sunday afternoon, Ratty and I made our way to the Red Sox game.  His old boss Bonnie has season tickets and offered us two.  I was excited as this would be the first time I'd be meeting Bonnie, but I had heard lots of stories and knew that we would get along.  She was also bringing her friend Tom, who is the political writer for the Baltimore Sun, which obviously meant Ratty wouldn't be talking to me that afternoon, so I was glad I'd have Bonnie to talk to.  We got ready and took the T down to Kenmore and made our way over to Fenway.  Ratty had talked to Bonnie just before leaving his apartment and it turns out she missed her flight from Kentucky and wouldn't be back in time for the game.  I was totally bummed, since I had been looking forward to meeting her, but was still excited to go to the game regardless.

Ratty printed out our tickets from a little kiosk, and we made our way to Yawkey way to have some beers, or beaahhhhhhhhhhs as I like to say.  It always makes Ratty laugh, no clue why, probably because I'm hilarious.  It was only 12:30pm, but that didn't stop us from grabbing our limit of 2 beers each at the outdoor cart.  We saddled up to a cocktail table and drank a bit from each to allow us to navigate through the crowds and not spill a drop of our $8 beers.





{Beeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs heeahh!}



{Playing up the whole 'don't show your face!' blog angle.}

Turns out that Bonnie's friend Tom still came to the game, so Ratty spent the majority time talking his ear off and wishing he was his best friend.  At one point I told him to cool it, he was coming on too strong.  I spent the time actually watching the game, drinking some beers and staring at the adorable kids sitting in front of us.  There are ALWAYS kids around me, and Ratty always fears that I am going to snatch one and my license plate is going to end up on an Amber Alert.  I'm not a kidnapper, I am just a kid lover, or lover of kids, uh I don't think I can phrase this anyway that doesn't sound creepy.  I like kids!  They like me!  I am fun and like to play kickball, so we all get along well.  Two of the kids in front of us were brothers and they were SO CUTE!  I could tell that they were Irish and I started making up their names in my head.  Obviously, being uber Irish, they were named Colin and Aiden, obviously.  The older brother had brought a friend, Kevin, who was a Phillys fan and talked so much smack that he was hilarious.  Every time a 'Let's Go Red Sox!' cheer would start up, he'd always insert Phillys.  Aiden and Colin's dad was getting into the trash talking too, and gave poor Kevin such a hard time, but he was a good sport.  Fast forwarding a bit, after I had mentally named the 2 Irish brothers, the dad called the older one by name, AIDEN!  I was RIGHT!  Who does that?  ME, I do!!  A little later in the afternoon the dad called the younger one Connor, but I thought he said Colin and I almost lost my mind.  I thought I had correctly guessed BOTH of their names!  Sadly, I only got one, but Colin and Connor are pretty close if you ask me.




{View from our seats.  Not too shabby, huh?}




{Multi-tasking at its finest.}


Once the game was over, we won, GO SOX!, Ratty and I decided to get some beers at Landsdowne Pub.  I hinted at going home and taking a nap, since the Celts were playing that night and I knew Ratty would want to go out and have some drinks, but I was tired and my head was fuzzy from the $15 beers and I wanted to lay down.  Nope, no rest for the weary.  The bar was dark which helped, since I was being constantly blinded and reminded that it was a Sunday afternoon and I was drinking my life away.  We grabbed a great seat at the bar and waited for the band to come on.  It was so perfect, a cover band after the Sox game, why don't any other bars do this?  The band ended up being pretty awesome, minus their 'Black Horse and a Cherry Tree' encore, like, that's the BEST song you have?  Ratty got kinda aggressive with the drinking, and told me that we needed to do a shot to wake up, yep makes perfect sense!  We were sitting at the bar, wide awake now, Ratty was right, when a group of young 20 somethings came up and 'iced' Ratty.  Apparently, it's a new phenom to give a guy a Smirnoff Ice in random situations, and the guy must get on one knee and chug.  This was my first experience so I was all 'what the hell is going on here?!'  Turns out, they had an extra!  So down on my knee I went, and I chugged that malternative in front of a bar full of strangers.  This group must have spent $100 on Smirnoff Ices because they iced eachother like 17 times, plus the band 3 times.  The band all got down on their knees and chugged the ices in unison.  It was pretty hilarious.  Glance at the door, yep still light out.   What time is it?!  



{This is a less than flattering picture of Ratty, so I think it's fine to put it up since people STILL have no idea what he looks like.}


After finishing our beers, 2 shots and 2 ices, and finding a passport in the ladies room, it was time to go to ANOTHER bar to watch the Celtics game.  Honestly, what about my nap?  We made it to DJs at the Garden with about 45 minutes before the start of the game and got 2 perfect seats at the bar right in front of the TV.  So perfect!  We ordered some food, something to sop up the Smirnoff Ice, and a few drinks and watching the Celtics ONCE AGAIN trounce the Lakers.  Sighhh, in hindsight it seems impossible.  I got this mask from someone on the street near the Garden and used it to taunt the Lakers, through the TV.  Hey, it worked!



Monday morning was naht fun.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha I love the picture of Ratty...it shows off his good side for sure!

    I also LOVE the Kloe (how the hell do u spell her name ... literally took me 5 tries and its still not right) mask!

    ReplyDelete