::golf claps::
The Tuesday after Memorial Day I was still trying to recover from the whirl-wind weekend and had yet to unpack anything. My room was a disgrace and I desperately needed to do laundry, but I had zero energy to do anything but lay on my bed. Even lifting the remote seemed like a heavy feat, so I just kept it on HGTV. I started to rethink the entire weekend and how much fun it was. Since I had lost and e-found my shoes the weekend before, I was more acutely aware of all the things I had packed, making sure that each item had found its way back into my bag. (The bag that I've STILL not unpacked.) It was then that I realized I hadn't seen my debit card in a while. I used it to buy groceries and coffee on Sunday for the BBQ, but I used my credit card to buy coffee on Monday, and I was at my sister's all day and didn't need it for anything else. I assumed it was just in the bottom of my bag, so being the super conscientious person I am, I dumped everything on the floor to check. I flipped open my book and planner, expecting to see the little red card fall from the pages, but no such luck. I checked every pocket and slit in my wallet, but it wasn't there. K, don't panic. I misplace my debit card a lot and it's ALWAYS somewhere. Where was the last time I used it? Yes, the grocery store, was I wearing a jacket? Did I throw it in the back pocket of my jeans? I am famous for that and it drives my mother nuts. How hard is it to put it back in the right place? She always asks. Sometimes mom, it's really difficult, so difficult I just can't bring myself to do it.
I did find it in the back pocket of my jeans, tucked safely and away from identity thieves. See, I KNEW it was someplace! My mom is probably freaking out right now, thinking of all the things that could have gone wrong, but didn't. It's not like the thieves would have made it very far, I have about $50 to my name.
Now after looking at this picture, I realize I don't know where those sunglasses are. I mean the sunnies on the right, not the other ones. I own LOTS of sunglasses. Probably because I'm always losing or breaking them. Hmmmm where could they be?








No comments:
Post a Comment